Crowing at 7 1/2 weeks? Come on!

living2ride

Songster
11 Years
Feb 17, 2008
Illinois
Would you believe my not quite 8 week old Frizzle roo is trying to crow already? He is one cocky little cockerel too! He's always all puffed up and challenging the other chickens - even though he's smaller (and definitely goofier looking!) than most of them. I can see that that little bugger is going to be TROUBLE!

Quote:
Really? 3 weeks? Holy chicken!
I had no idea they'd try so young. With all my other roosters, it seems like I was waiting and waiting and waiting FOREVER for them to crow. I know my rooster from last year was about 6 months before he finally crowed. Lucky for him, because he would've gone for processing with my meat birds if I'd known! By the way, that little "trick" earned him the name Sneaky.
smile.png

Quote:
Oh yeah, now that Sneaky has a name, he's stuck with us.
smile.png

That crazy frizzle roo too - he's not going anywhere either. He's too fun to look at.
Now that I'll have a few separate pens, the extra roos won't be too much of a problem.

Yep, once you name them it's really hard to get rid of them. 3 years ago I had a little black Cochin rooster bite me twice. I named him Crockpot, because that's where mean roosters go. I still have him! LOL

Back
Top Bottom