crowing at all hours

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BMD17553, Dec 30, 2013.

1. BMD17553

BMD17553 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2013
    i have a 7 1/2 month old rooster he crows from 12 at night till 5 in the evening and he doesn't stop why??? he is in a huge coop with two hens. whats up with him??

2. SIMZ

SIMZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    Some roosters crow more than others. Our bantams simply don't stop crowing! Do you mean that he's crowing all night? Is there a light on in the coop? He shouldn't be crowing in the night (dark) unless something is disturbing him.

3. mrchicks

mrchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Of my 5, only one really crows. He starts around 7 in the morning and crows here and there during the day. Not too much, thankfully. As soon as everyone is in the coop for the night he stops. He's the boss out there, so I guess the other 4 just aren't allowed to crow.

We did have a banty roo that never shut up. Every 5 minutes, all day long. And if we had a bonfire at night, he would see the glow and start crowing. Gibbs the bigmouth no longer lives here.

4. Wrooster

Wrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2013
    Northern Florida
    Not every day is the same but ours often starts long before sunrise. We had him in a cage inside the house recently because he was recovering from combat with another rooster. That night he was nearly comatose but at 5:30 am the next morning while it was still completely dark he started crowing. That was his only night indoors.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by