crowing at night?

ki4got

Hatch-a-Holic
8 Years
Apr 24, 2011
Roanoke VA
Ok, is it me or are my roos nuts? they hear the littlest noise from the house after dark and they all (3) start crowing like crazy. they start again before light when my hubby leaves for work.

guess it's a good thing i don't have any CLOSE neighbors. 1/4 to 1/2 mile away...
barnie.gif

My neighbor has roosters and says they crow when they hear his truck pull in or know he is home, so I guess its feasible that the would crow when they hear certain noises.
hu.gif

is there a light near by the coop?? i know that mine would crow all through the night if my porch light is on cuz it shines right in the window and he thinks its morning.

Quote:
they're all about 6 months old now.

Quote:
lau.gif
so... they're telling us sunrise is on the way, at... 8pm, 9, 10, 11, etc. i usually shut the coop door around 11ish (pm) and get crowed at then too!
they went off last night and woke me up around 3am...
he.gif
doesn't help when work comes early.

Quote:
there's a light on under the deck downstairs, but the coop is a good ways from there...

it's an idea tho, maybe i'll get hubby to move it tonight. too heavy to move by hand but still small enough to be portable. i still need to fix the solid door on the pen side of it anyways. they free range so hardly ever use the pen.

Last edited:
I have to sneak into my bathroom after dark.My bathroom is on the chicken coop side of the house. If my roos see a glimmer of light it sets off the chourus. We never have to set an alarm clock they start around 4:30 AM and go off all day.

Back
Top Bottom