Crowing rooster???

crooked stripe

Songster
12 Years
Jan 14, 2008
N.E Ohio- Suffield
As a rooster grows will his crow get better sounding? I have a 8 week old who crows a lot but at this time it is just a loud squawk. I am hoping it gets sounding more like a real rooster instead of a squawk. I sounds like a chicken being torchered. It is interesting as all the chickens are showing their individual personalities. John

I remember my surprise when one of my baby Frizzle hens started squawking out each morning ....
it was the cutest little attempt at a "big boy" crow !!! Cute.

Turned out "she" was a "he" ..... yours will get his "crow" on!

LeeLee

My only rooster, Leonard, didn't really get his crow worked out until he was 3 or 4 months old. For like two months we just said it was broken, or he had forgotten the cock part of cock a doodle doo. It really sounded like he was choking at first.

My silkie rooster sounds like a kazoo. When he first started crowing I would bust up laughing every time. Now just the very end of his crow sounds like it. Bet you can't guess his name?!
Yep... Kazoo!!

Elizabeth

He does crow all day long. I was suprised. It is funny how he fills up with air, streaches out his neck and puts everything into it. I love it, makes me laugh. John

I have a roo that sounded like a dying rat when he first started. Seriously... I thought my DH had caught a rat in his trap outside. Nope, it was Drumstick. He's sounding much better these days.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom