Crowned Pigeons

ocdman

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 12, 2013
Hi, I'm new to this site, but I've noticed in the past that people had questions about Victoria and Blue Crowned Pigeons----I've raised them for a number of years successfully if anyone has any questions about them, I'd be glad to help

ocdman

They are so beautiful! I would love to have a pair but they are near impossible to find and extremely expensive. Are they sensitive to weather extremes? Our climate is fairly mild, no snow. But it does dip a little below freezing once or twice a year, and summers can be hot. Do they have any special requirements? I thought I read they only raise one baby a year.

They are a little cold sensitive, if I lived in the north I would have a small building attached to their enclosure with maybe heat tape on the roosts and straw on the ground. They can withstand short periods of below freezing temperatures, I'm not sure how much. We've been down to 28 degrees F, but only for a few hours. They only lay one egg, if you let them set it and raise the baby its about a 4 month time period, its possible to raise 2 young a year. If you take the egg or baby and hand feed, you can raise about 6 a year, but very difficult to hand feed and time consuming. We raise about a dozen each of the VC and BC each year. But really not very hard to take care of as far as requirements.

Yes, we sell young birds after they are eating on their own. We hand feed most of them, but also let the adults parent raise at certain times of the year. They sell for 2500.00 each, we usually include shipping (United or Delta) and box for that price. At any given time we usually have 4 or 5 birds ready to go. We're in SW Florida

Yes, we sell young birds after they are eating on their own. We hand feed most of them, but also let the adults parent raise at certain times of the year. They sell for 2500.00 each, we usually include shipping (United or Delta) and box for that price. At any given time we usually have 4 or 5 birds ready to go. We're in SW Florida
Are you still selling?

Are you still selling?
1647359640640.png

Possibly, but not on here. I suggest you look in some other places if you want to find some.

Back
Top Bottom