Crows Friend or Foe?

The three best predator deterrents I've had to date:

1. The presence of a person
2. Crows
3. Blue Jays

I should point out that my feed is kept inside the coop where I can't attract wild animals with it, and that I do not have chicks running around in the yard. If I had chicks, I'd keep them from ranging in the yard till they were much larger-- honestly, EVERYTHING likes to eat tiny chickens!

The three best predator deterrents I've had to date:

1. The presence of a person
2. Crows
3. Blue Jays

I should point out that my feed is kept inside the coop where I can't attract wild animals with it, and that I do not have chicks running around in the yard. If I had chicks, I'd keep them from ranging in the yard till they were much larger-- honestly, EVERYTHING likes to eat tiny chickens!

thumbsup.gif

Our crows harass the coopers hawks and the squirrels, so we love them. I do NOT love them in late spring when they gobble up my corn. Every year! I would not trust them around chicks.

I've never had any problems with the local crows. They've always been a beneficial creature to keep around,

Never been a big fan of crows till I got chickens! I love hearing them now because I know they are going to chase the hawks away. I have a neighbor across the street that has a yard FULL of rabbits...I think he breeds them and sells em to Latino resteraunts...anyway, the hawks are ALWAYS flying over and grabbing the bunnies...it's awful to watch. It makes me happy to see a bunch of crows harrassing and chasing them AWAY from my house. I read that crows will chase a hawk for several miles!
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom