Cruel people/ dumped kittens

Quote:
They were totally blind due to eye infections. We thought they would never see again.
sad.png

We're guessing they were about 4 weeks old (14ozs, weighed on a post office scale).

The kittens were lying, motionless, in the hot sun next to the dumpster.

I don't need 2 more mouths to feed but...
love.gif

Quote:

"Lucky mom to 3 kids (13,10, and 7), 9 dogs, 7cats, 2 ducks with 4 ducklings, 1 donkey, 2 horses, 2 parakeets, 1 potbelly pig, 13 assorted chickies, 1 hermit crab, and one really really really understanding hubby!"

So I see... I hope you're not including your husband in that statement!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Well my DH has gave the kids and I a choice of keeping one of the two older kittens that were also dumped out here or, keeping the little gray tiger striped female kitten. The two older ones are good cats, and really pretty. But the little one is more friendly towards me. It thinks I am mom. Its a tuff choice to make I like the little ones temper but I like the color and marking of the other two.
idunno.gif
Either way I am gonna make sure I find good homes for the ones that will be leaving.

In my life I've had many cats, and all but two have been drop off, or babies captured from feral mommies (who were then spayed and released). They turn out to be the best pets. Thanks Alley. Maybe there is a cat rescue organization in your area, they usually have no kill policies and are good a rehoming animals.

Gorby: found under a flower box on a city square
Doozy: born on campus, had to have a home before school let out
Charlie: appeared at the house
Elise: only surviving kitten of a feral cat, appeared at the house
Katrina: found right after a storm and would not let me leave
Thor: humane society
P-kitty: humane society
various re-homed kitties, found various places.

We live near a school so there are a lot of dumped cats in the area. My grandparents lived in the country and every fall would have new cats and dogs dumped when school started and the aminals were no longer cute babies.

Well sadly the two white and gray ones didnt survive. the One the the least gray died because I couldnt get him to eliminate. The one withthe most gray, turned out to be retarded or something because after I got his eyes clearded up he still couldnt walk and kind of rolled , and flopped around. So he had to be put to sleep. But the little tiger striped one is doing fine she thinks of me s her mom. And I cant get away from her. Most cats have never liked me. All the cats we already have one come to me unless they are out of food. But this little girl is my baby. EVEn better, my DH said I can keep her! I will keep you up dated on her progress.

They look to be about 2 weeks old and I think the eyes are just fine but they do need medicated.
Go to your local Agway/tractorSupply/PetStore and get a small tube of eye ointment.
ITS THE LITTLE YELLOW/WHITE BOX YOU SEE IN THE PICTURE

264677144.jpg

I keep all my pet supplys in one area so that I can have quick access to what ever I may need in any situation.
I Keep a bottle of sterile eye drops to use in the event one of my birds gets something in thier eye or they have a crusty coated eye.
I first try to clear the eye as best I can then I apply some of the Terramycin/Antibiotic eye ointment in the effected eye as per the directions.
I think I paid about $6.00 from Agway for the little tube you see in the yellow/white box.
I also like to have little packets of Tripple Antibiotic and/or Bacitracin Ointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well its a little late for the eye meds. now. I had been using about the same you had and was having them checked and under the control of a vet. The one I have left is now around 8 or 9 weeks old. She is very healthy, and very happy, and is stuck to me all day long. If I try to put her down to go do smething else she climbs up my pant leg and then purches on my shoulder. Works ok now but it wont for long

Back
Top Bottom