Crusty bits?!?

Oh, you're very helpful. Thank you! :) I'm learning.
Okay I've had a good look, and yes you're right, they do have rolling bubbles. I've just also cracked open the cracked egg in my last post. It actually looked okay to me appart from the rolling bubble. It's yolk was whole and had a small jelly-like whiteish blob in it (fertile spot thing is it?) but it wasn't popped and didn't smell at all. It had been in the incubator less than 24hrs.
That cracked egg was defective and wasnt a good choice for hatching, or sending to you... it had made a nice weak spot : (

I was sure it wasn't cracked to begin with. Unless it was a very tiny crack I didn't notice. I think the crack appeared/got bigger when I put it in the incubator and it began oozing. It did have a bumpy sorta imperfection on the shell on it's pointy end which I thought was okay...

So if this is a bacterial thing.. why weren't they smelly eggs do you think? I thought when eggs went bad from bacteria, they went smelly-rotten? I don't know these things...

I was sure it wasn't cracked to begin with. Unless it was a very tiny crack I didn't notice. I think the crack appeared/got bigger when I put it in the incubator and it began oozing. It did have a bumpy sorta imperfection on the shell on it's pointy end which I thought was okay...

So if this is a bacterial thing.. why weren't they smelly eggs do you think? I thought when eggs went bad from bacteria, they went smelly-rotten? I don't know these things...

we banged our heads on this question! The only thing we came up with is that its not necessarily bacteria, we think its the whole "shook up" process from the postal service! I have searched and searched and everytime they pop up they are on just shipped rough handled eggs.
hu.gif

we banged our heads on this question! The only thing we came up with is that its not necessarily bacteria, we think its the whole "shook up" process from the postal service! I have searched and searched and everytime they pop up they are on just shipped rough handled eggs.
hu.gif

Strange! We should be able to recreate this then. Maybe if we shook up some eggs and stuck them in, they'd do the same. Mine started doing it within just mins of being put in, but then not all of them did it, just about half. I wish I'd taken pics when it first happened, it just looked like someone had dipped their fingers in water and sprinkled them. Would be interesting to conduct some EGGSPERIMENTS
lau.gif

Maybe some eggs are more susceptible that others as I've had good old' really skaken mailed eggs that have had popped yolks but they didn't do it.

"Strange! We should be able to recreate this then. Maybe if we shook up some eggs and stuck them in, they'd do the same. Mine started doing it within just mins of being put in, but then not all of them did it, just about half. I wish I'd taken pics when it first happened, it just looked like someone had dipped their fingers in water and sprinkled them. Would be interesting to conduct some EGGSPERIMENTS
lau.gif

Maybe some eggs are more susceptible that others as I've had good old' really skaken mailed eggs that have had popped yolks but they didn't do it."

Experiment away! But be prepared to clean the incubator
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom