how old? if theyre over a week and its warm in the house , i'll throw a cover over the brooder and pull the plug on the light when i go to bed .. give them some dark time .. if its cold dont do it though .. after two weeks or so, again if its warm, i'll shuffle the to an outside cage in the day, then back to the brooder at dusk, warm it up till bedtime, then lights out and covered, cuts down on dust also .. but all depends on temp .. if its too cold for all that, the brooder has to go to the garage, breaks my heart, i like them close lol .. but dust and noise goes critical fast especially with a big batch ..

I'm having a similar issue. We got 3.5 half-week-old chicks with a warming that some might do so well because the farmer's electricity had gone out that night. So far, they all survived and are now 6 weeks old. However, we had to separate one that could barely stand, Lana (as in Turner, in the hopes of turning her around) along with one little buddy, Owlsey, that was quite floppy. They are both MUCH better now - walking, flying, etc., though perhaps not quite as vigorous as the rest of the flock. During the day, they are mostly interested in hanging out with the rest of the flock, but at night time they still want to go into their separate box. I used to hold both until their eyes shut and then put them in their own box together, but now Lana only wants to be with me whereas Owlsey, only wants to snuggle with Lana and doesn't want human touch anymore. Owlsey won't settle until both she and Lana are in the box and cries when I pick her up or take Lana out. Lana is NOT interested in Owlsey and just cries in the box until I pick her up again. It's just a series of one or the other crying. Help! I think I'm stuck in a chicken-human love triangle!

I'm having a similar issue. We got 3.5 half-week-old chicks with a warming that some might do so well because the farmer's electricity had gone out that night. So far, they all survived and are now 6 weeks old. However, we had to separate one that could barely stand, Lana (as in Turner, in the hopes of turning her around) along with one little buddy, Owlsey, that was quite floppy. They are both MUCH better now - walking, flying, etc., though perhaps not quite as vigorous as the rest of the flock. During the day, they are mostly interested in hanging out with the rest of the flock, but at night time they still want to go into their separate box. I used to hold both until their eyes shut and then put them in their own box together, but now Lana only wants to be with me whereas Owlsey, only wants to snuggle with Lana and doesn't want human touch anymore. Owlsey won't settle until both she and Lana are in the box and cries when I pick her up or take Lana out. Lana is NOT interested in Owlsey and just cries in the box until I pick her up again. It's just a series of one or the other crying. Help! I think I'm stuck in a chicken-human love triangle!
Haha 😂

Back
Top Bottom