Mar 6, 2023
California
My Coop
My Coop
I have a new chick, I brought 5 home and there’s 4 others I previously had. But this one chick keeps crying (I assume) it’s a chirp, but a loud and upset sounding one that I only hear the other chicks make if they’re scared or get hurt, I’m not sure what to do. She eats and drinks, poops also, although it’s a bit watery. She mostly stops when I hold her, and or when she’s sleeping, but off an on she’s constantly making that cry/chirp. I don’t want her to be stressed and my ears could use a break. Any experience with this? Also she isn’t too hot or cold as all the other chicks are okay and they can be right under the heat lamp or away from it if they’re too warm. Not sure what’s going on!

She eats and drinks, poops also, although it’s a bit watery. She mostly stops when I hold her, and or when she’s sleeping, but off an on she’s constantly making that cry/chirp. I don’t want her to be stressed and my ears could use a break. Any experience with this? Also she isn’t too hot or cold as all the other chicks are okay and they can be right under the heat lamp or away from it if they’re too warm. Not sure what’s going on!
Sounds like it's still adjusting to the sleep schedule of the group and mad about being the only one awake.

There's often one that takes a little extra time to settle in.

Back
Top Bottom