Crying in my sauce . . . *pitiful rant*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rolsjo, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Rolsjo

Rolsjo Songster

May 18, 2009
    Maine
    So, I had planned deep dish pizza tonight. I made the crust early this afternoon so it would be perfect. I put the two pizzas together one with Italian sausage, pepperoni, green pepper and olives and the other with chicken sausage, sauted sweet onion, green pepper and red pepper. Now, the way I make this is the dough goes in the pan up the sides and over the edges. When the filling is in I pull the edges of the dough over the top of the filling and the sauce goes on top. I run to the cupboard and I am out of canned tomatoes!! Nooooo! Oh, wait there is a jar of store-bought sauce in the back that someone gave me. I'll try it. I open it up and pour it on top of both pizzas before I notice the smell. Ugh! It is spoiled! [​IMG]

So, to sum up, my gourmet Chicago-style pizza is in the garbage, the local corner store will be supplying dinner in the form of plain 'ol pizza and my husband will be bringing me something large and chocolaty to console me! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  2. sred98

sred98 Songster

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Oh man! I hate that for you! [​IMG] I've had that happen with dinner...it is so frustrating! What a nice DH! [​IMG]

Shelly

3. chickencoop31320

chickencoop31320 Have bator, will hatch

Sep 24, 2008
    Southeast Georgia
    aww that's awful ! [​IMG]

I had that happen once with some Alfredo sauce.

I am a really good cook and when my husband and I first got together, I made fettuccine Alfredo with bottled sauce. It must have been bad cause it tasted AWFUL!
    That was almost 9 years ago and my husband will never let me forget it. Every time I make something unusual or different, and he looks at it funny... I say "have I ever poisoned you?" he always replies "there was that one time with the Alfredo sauce" and I look at him like [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. ohiofarmgirl

ohiofarmgirl Songster

Jan 22, 2009
    the worst EVER.....

quick to the chocolate-y treat! skip the store pizza go for the chocolate!

5. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Songster

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    And it sounded sooooo good!!! I would be sick, thinking of those good ingredients down the drain!!!! Hope you feel better after the chocolate!!! [​IMG]

6. Doesn't that just frost you . . . one night I made my own Alfredo, baked chicken, cut it up and then mixed it with the sauce . . .put it on the pizza crust (homemade) and mozzarella cheese and talk about good!!!

7. georgialee

georgialee Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    That SUCKS! All that work for nothing. [​IMG]

8. trilyn

trilyn Songster

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Quote:Ooooh, yummy for the tummy! lol

So sorry about the ruined pizzas, nothing worse that getting excited over dinner and something ruining it! Chocolate and lots of it!!! [​IMG]

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Here have a chocolate with me! [​IMG] (Breaking pieces for everyone!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: