CS16 -- The Official Michigan Chicken Stock Information Thread for June 11, 2016

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Candy442, Mar 31, 2016.

1. bigmrg74

bigmrg74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2014
    Clinton Michigan
    What about arrangements for long term leases??? [​IMG]

can they pick up a hay bale and carry it yet? I would probably want them in about another month or so.

2. needmorechicks

needmorechicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2016
    Too funny!! I have 4, ages 15-20. Definitely big enough for hay bales, when they are even at home! ;)

1 person likes this.
  3. rachelsflock

rachelsflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2015
    Detroit Metro Area
    Hi out there. I think my family and I are coming this year. I need to bug my husband about it one more time to make sure we haven't accidentally planned over it. It will be a big commitment for us to lug a two year old and a one year old an hour and twenty minutes up to Lansing, then that much home but I think we'd like to try (not that other people aren't coming farther, but I bet they're not dealing with the frantic screaming after 30 minutes in the car, then immediately upon re-entry on the way home).

Tell me about bringing a dish to share. How many should it serve?

4. Candy442

Candy442 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Williamston, MI
    glad to have you and your family coming :) Bringing a dish is voluntary. There usually is enough food but even a bag of chips will be welcome! Really up to you and doesn't have to be a dish to feed an army.

We would rather you come and meet the Michigan thread group than worry about a food with little ones in tow. Its a fun time and lots of room for the kids stretch their legs to be tired enough for the trip back home.

5. rachelsflock

rachelsflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2015
    Detroit Metro Area
    I guess we'll just do our best then. We'd probably be traveling with food anyway. Maybe I can sneak a bag or two of chips into the care before we leave. Thanks.

6. uchytil

uchytil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    There's always been more than enough food at this event. I've seen as many as 100 people (+) and as few as 20 (+). As the event gets closer keep an eye on the attendance sheet although some don't make it and others that did not sign up do. We have a really good time talking, swapping stuff, eating - you know, like a family reunion.

7. Folly's place

Folly's place Chicken Obsessed

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    x2! Mary

8. uchytil

uchytil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Cindy and I settled on:

- salad bar as the food offering
    - charcoal and fluid
    - two items for the swap event(one from each of us)
    - shoot some pictures

And, like last year, I may bring a few bottles of the wine I make for the tables. Probably Cherry, maybe Maple Mead.

1 person likes this.
  9. blogger1

blogger1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2013
    Is this something that my teenage 4h'ers would be interested in? They are really getting into rare breeds right now.

10. bigmrg74

bigmrg74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2014
    Clinton Michigan
    Just might be, its supposed to be bit of a swap meet so there's likely to be someone with something rare.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by