CSU - Chicken State University- Large Fowl SOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walt, the SOP calls for "moderately small wattles" on the male ("small" on females)-- when I think of "moderately small" I think of about the size of Pathfinder's (Laura's) male wattle size in the comb pic -- is this how you'd define it?

Chris

Walt, the SOP calls for "moderately small wattles" on the male ("small" on females)-- when I think of "moderately small" I think of about the size of Pathfinder's (Laura's) male wattle size in the comb pic -- is this how you'd define it?

Chris

Yes.

The SOP generally uses two word to describe size. As in Very small, moderately small, very long, moderately long etc, etc. The idea is to give the reader a better sense of size since we can't define it by inches or anything like that.

pea combs are easy to understand and you describe it well in your previous post. Getting them to look like that is a whole other thing. I am guessing that you don't see many that well defined.

Walt

Well I am sure glad Walt (and the other experts) share their expertise with us here. The Buckeye link was very helpful for me, not just for Buckeye judging but also for just general information on what things like a Bay color eye are. And thank you for those who have such excellent birds for taking the time to share them with us just-learners.

Nice female, but I would want to see a 30 degree tail. It could just be the picture. It has a nice long back.

Walt
Walt, I wondered about this too. In the picture it looks like she is stretching her head up - I wondered if she were in a more typical pose, if that would bring the tail to a better angle.

Walt, I wondered about this too. In the picture it looks like she is stretching her head up - I wondered if she were in a more typical pose, if that would bring the tail to a better angle.

It is very difficult to take an accurate picture of a chicken........especially if it is stretching or standing in an unnatural way. During a show a judge will move the bird to see it in it's best light. I would put my hand under the tail and see if it would hold it up. It doesn't take long to know if it is just a stance problem or a bird problem.

Walt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom