CT Chickenstock-2009

Bill wants to know who made the three bean baked beans with bacon, and if he can have the recipe...
smile.png
You guys really outdid yourself with all the great food, thanks!

My 3 EE's from PL are settling in nicely with a minimum of fuss. the Australorp and 2 Wyandotte chicks from swampyankee are cozily set up in the garage, and the turtle is resting in the garden.

WOW! Finally a chance to say thanks to Becky, Bill, and all who helped set up. I was wiped out when I got home, and had to work today, so now here is my Thank You note. Glad to hear the babies are doing well. I would like an X-Lg T-shirt if there are any left. For the record....even though I haggled a bit for the book, I ended up paying what bagends sister asked(hope I didn't scare the poor child).
smile.png

Last edited:
yes about the food everything was so yummy, who made the pasta with sesame seeds and sliced almonds (I think) it was so good I would love the recipe
smile.png

Food for thought... My wife and I talked it over and thought that we would be willing to have another Chicken Stock later this summer at our house. We live Eastern CT. Let us know if there is any interest in that. It would be nice to have 2 per year, one on each side of the state.

Jas

Quote:
You know we're there!!
Last year after the chickenstock at Moose Hill Farm there were several other smaller get togethers at various members' homes. We worked on coops, processed birds and basically just hung out and had fun. We're hoping to have a smaller one here too. Need to get this coop finished!
wink.png

Be sure to let me know when you need help on your coop. I'll be there with my truck full of tools to get that bad boy finished!

Once we can buy or scrounge the materials needed we'll let you know! I really want to see the roof finished. And paint, oh how I want it painted. And trimmed, and insulated and.....
Did I mention the window boxes???
big_smile.png

Thanks for Chickenstock! I can't wait for the next and only hope it's better weather. eastern Ct would be great and so much easier for Rhode Islanders to get to!

AHappychick - susan? Now it will be hard to remember peoples screen names after meeting in person!
tongue.png

I made that pasta salad, I'm so happy you liked it! The main ingredients to make it taste like that are toasted sesame oil (must be toasted, not regular sesame oil), some soy sauce, and a Thai style sweet chili sauce (it's the kind that looks kind of clear/ orange with lots of red flakes floating in it). And those were black roasted sesame seeds and sliced almonds. and I found a little bit of mayo helped make it a little creamy. I think it tastes best with lots of chopped parsley, but I did not have so used spinach.

My friend loved his chicks! I wish I got him a couple more as pullet insurance!

Also what kind of ducks did my friend buy? They are all set up in a little brooder corner but are still nervous of people. And our feed store did not have that type of waterer. Where can she buy one like you had?

Thanks again everyone, so fun to get together!

great news!

mum got the test results back...
NO CANCER!

that means once things get settled down a little and dad takes the time to finnish the coop (hopefully this weekend, as the weather is supposed to be too bad for boating lol) we WILL be adding pullets to our home.

im super excited
smile.png

i will be getting in touch with those i already talked to about getting girls from once ive discussed everything with the parents and we'll see whats left and try and arrange some visiting...
ill likely end up bringing mum along so she can pick out her own girls.

im also looking for a splash, blue or white silkie or Showgirl Pullet for my sister
(dont worry swampyankee, she was giggling about the "haggling" afterwards,i got some teaching to do lol)

and just because anyone know of anyone who does, or have themselves any sebastopol goslings?, preferably grey or grey saddlebacks?

Good news bagend, on both counts!

Becky, I made the 3bean baked beans..
it's quick and easy

fry bacon, then onion, drain

In baking dish I put 2 cans B&M country style baked beans, 1 cannelini, 1 red kidney. Add bacon and onion, stir completely, Bake at 375 for approx 1 hour... I just keep an eye on it til it gets to a consistency I like.

this was a variation on my usual recipe, as I didn't have all the ingredients on hand, so I substitued. I usually don't start with a flavored bean, just 4 cans regular pork'n beans, add some brown sugar, ketchup and mustard, and the bacon and onion.

Back
Top Bottom