cuckoo brahmas

sibling mating is not bad at all, many breeders do it when they have 2 exceptional birds, but in your case the sibling mating will be because at this stage your cuckoo roosters will be heterozygous for the sex linked barring gene, and when mated to a none barred hen you will produce 50% barred chicks(males and females) and 50% none barred males... but I dont know thats really up to you, you see heterozygous barring can also look good...
@nicalandia
sorry but im new to the whole gene experimenting thing so i havent a clue what " heterozygous for the sex linked barring gene" means or "eterozygous barring" either

im gonna try to make cuckoo brahmas, so id really appreciate advice from experienced breeders how i should go about it. i know colour comes from the cock and body type from the mother but thats about it.....
i already have a maran x brahma cross cock, brahma body and maran colour and i want to breed more of him

any help that experienced breeders can give me is appreciated

The hen on the right is the one im going to pair with my cockoo x brahma cross rooster. See how badly marked and washed out she is, Im hoping thatll mean the roosters colour will carry over into the chicks

Back
Top Bottom