cuckoo Maran / Easter Egger

For most colors of Easter Egger you'll get a sex link cross. Males will hatch with white spot on the head and feather out barred. Females will have a solid dark head and feather out solid dark. This will work better if your rooster is red/gold based. If he's silver based the chicks may be too light to see the spot easily at hatch, but you'll still be able to sex by barring as they feather out.

For most colors of Easter Egger you'll get a sex link cross. Males will hatch with white spot on the head and feather out barred. Females will have a solid dark head and feather out solid dark. This will work better if your rooster is red/gold based. If he's silver based the chicks may be too light to see the spot easily at hatch, but you'll still be able to sex by barring as they feather out.
x2

x3

My avitar has the rooster in it. So i looked at feather sexing and i have one with all even flight feathers and four with uneven flight feather. I have two more hens go broody on me so they are sitting on three eggs each, hopefully i can get more hens.

Back
Top Bottom