Cuckoo Maran or Barred Rock?

Don't be upset, they are absolutely lovely! it just means they don't exactly fit the standard of perfection and there is nothing wring with that, especially if you're not showing or plan on breeding " the best of the best"

Don’t be upset, it just means they aren’t the highest quality. Low quality doesn’t make a bird any less beautiful or sweet, it just doesn’t meet the usual standards of the breed. :hugs
Ok!! Phew!! Been raising cattle my whole life and when somebody says “poor quality” they’re usually talking about body quality which would mean skinny and unhealthy. And I’m sitting here looking at my little girls thinking “you look great!” Thank you!

Ok!! Phew!! Been raising cattle my whole life and when somebody says “poor quality” they’re usually talking about body quality which would mean skinny and unhealthy. And I’m sitting here looking at my little girls thinking “you look great!” Thank you!
Oh no problem! She just doesn’t fit the standards of the breed. Doesn’t make her any less lovely though. 🥰

Ok this hurt my feelings lol. What’s wrong with them? I think they’re lovely.
I really had no intent of hurting any feelings, sorry for that. What i meant by that is, that even though they're beautiful birds, they're not up to the standard we work towards in marans. We breed them to represent a certain shape, colour, egg colour, etc. These animals you have are really nice chickens, just not quite represetative of the marans standard.

Back
Top Bottom