Cuckoo maran or barred rock ?

Leeannecamp

In the Brooder
Jan 7, 2023
Is this a barred rock or cuckoo maran?
26F00E59-C54E-4797-9C13-58AF61FFAE84.jpeg

We bought him at tractor supply as a chick along with 5 others that were supposed to be sexed(all female) and barred rock….
But when I saw a barred rock rooster at the farmers market Saturday for sale it didn’t look like him, so then I did some research and thought he may be a maran.
Regardless, he’s the sweetest rooster and we love him. ❤️

Is this a barred rock or cuckoo maran? View attachment 3396935
It is a Cuckoo Marans. Even if there is only one, there is always an s at the end, by the way. They were developed in the port town of Marans, so the s doesn't have anything to do with a plurality. :) Additionally, he's clean-legged, so instead of following the French standard of heaving feathered legs, he follows the UK one with clean legs. When they were first imported to the US we bred both indiscriminately, and it wasn't until many years later the APA decided to accept the French standard.
Where did she come from?
he-look-like-a-man-man.gif

It is a Cuckoo Marans. Even if there is only one, there is always an s at the end, by the way. They were developed in the port town of Marans, so the s doesn't have anything to do with a plurality. :) Additionally, he's clean-legged, so instead of following the French standard of heaving feathered legs, he follows the UK one with clean legs. When they were first imported to the US we bred both indiscriminately, and it wasn't until many years later the APA decided to accept the French standard.

he-look-like-a-man-man.gif
Omg that was supposed to say HE. I can't stop laughing.

Back
Top Bottom