Cuckoo Marans?

I prefer feathered legs. I was just meaning that not having feathered legs has no bearing on whether or not she is marans.
My marans have feathered legs. Adorable. Just a thought, I know I’ll get olive eggs because the cross is a blue egg producer. The dad would have to be a blue egg for olive eggs. I just meant she’s definitely not a BCM. She would have black feathers with a green sheen and coppery neck. My BCM is beautiful colours.

My marans have feathered legs. Adorable. Just a thought, I know I’ll get olive eggs because the cross is a blue egg producer. The dad would have to be a blue egg for olive eggs. I just meant she’s definitely not a BCM. She would have black feathers with a green sheen and coppery neck. My BCM is beautiful colours.

That's as far as I am with it as well. The person who gave her to me would not give on the notion that she is BCM which I thought might be because she came from a BCM hen. Perhaps her father is a CCL which would explain the brown leakage in the barring as well as giving me an olive egger.

I got her when she was molting so I won't have any eggs till spring. I would be just as happy with some dark brown eggs. She was labeled as a "project bird" by the person I got her from.

They got rid of her because she was sleeping in the nesting boxes. I found that she was not allowed to roost by the other hens in her former home because she has no issues now.

I have no information on her parents and for all I know, they were mixed as well. Just trying to guess what genetics she might have based on her color. I'm hoping her egg color will narrow it down a smidge.

Back
Top Bottom