Cukoo Maran?

chixrus

Songster
11 Years
Oct 24, 2008
Hi! I just got another hen, and I was told that it was a cukoo maran. Does anyone know what this breed is?

Cuckoo Marans is a breed that has cuckoo barring, white legs, single comb and lays dark brown eggs. Did you quarantine it from the rest of your birds? You need to do that for at least 4 weeks or more.

Last edited:
Cuckoo Marans have barring that does not quite match up feather to feather. Like Barred Rocks have bars that match up to the next feather, in a continuous line.

Cheri

OK, i have pics, I'll just have to figure out how to load them on to the computer! We thought at first that she was a really bad barred rock, because she was more brown than black and her feathers didn't quite match up, but the lady who we got them from gave us a call and said that she was a cukoo maran, but i didn't know what that was!

15282_100_1416.jpg

Two of my cuckoo hens from about 5 months ago.

Cheri

Oh very nice! Those hens look so busy and happy! I can hear them now, can’t you?

Oh here’s a nice bug, that one is nice too, why aren’t there more, I’ve got some good greens, these bugs are better, what’s that cloud doing, I like the sun better, ooh good the sun’s back, you have a good spot, my spots not so good, you move over, now where’s that rooster at, oh, there he is, what’s that dog barking at, this caterpillar is so juicy, no it’s mine, get away, ok just a nibble, what’s that… grass seed, this flower Is tasty, quit pushing me, you move, no you move, I’m not moving, oh hurry there’s the lady with goodies, me first, me first, me first!

Last edited:
ARGHH! My stupid computer won't allow me to upload pictures because apparently, it's not a JPEG file, although on the picture it CLEARLY states that it in fact, is a JPEG file!!!!! Sorry, I need to rant about computers sometimes, but anyway, the point of that particular rant was that I cannot upload a file onto BackYardChickensForum, which is really too bad because I had some nice pictures of Martha, my Cukoo Maran. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Oh very nice! Those hens look so busy and happy! I can hear them now, can’t you?

Oh here’s a nice bug, that one is nice too, why aren’t there more, I’ve got some good greens, these bugs are better, what’s that cloud doing, I like the sun better, ooh good the sun’s back, you have a good spot, my spots not so good, you move over, now where’s that rooster at, oh, there he is, what’s that dog barking at, this caterpillar is so juicy, no it’s mine, get away, ok just a nibble, what’s that… grass seed, this flower Is tasty, quit pushing me, you move, no you move, I’m not moving, oh hurry there’s the lady with goodies, me first, me first, me first!

LOL have you been eavesdropping on my girls?!!!

Back
Top Bottom