Cull by hawk? *Answered* Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I like that suggestion. Thank you silkiechicken, you have offered a lot of thoughtful suggestions, and I really appreciate your willingness to discuss practical aspects and solutions.

I felt that this was an important subject that would benefit from discussing with others who have more experience and knowledge of hawks than I do, and I was not trying to be inflammatory, although I realize that quick anger might be an unavoidable part of it. Still, I think it was worth asking, for the information and suggestions I've received from this thread.

No problem, glad I was able to foster some discussion. Predators, lives of animals, and how to cull are very touchy subjects. Welcome to BYC and I hope this semi-heated discussion won't deter you from sticking around.

I'll mark this as answered, since federal prohibition pretty much cinches it and a number of good alternatives have been offered. Thank you
smile.png

I'm sorry but I feel this is very irresponsible. Not to mention ILLEGAL. around here we have lots of trees with tons of birds of prey. Every spring some of the babies fall out of the nest. And Fish and Wildlife says we can't help them. Luckily I came in contact with a lady that is a licensed bird rehabber. So she can legally take them. But as animal owners I think it is our RESPONSIBILITY to take care of the animals we have. Or we shouldn't have them at all. That includes how they leave the world. I'm no animal rights activist but I believe very strongly that we should be humane no matter what. Not to mention all the other great points other people have made. It's just wrong...

I usually do not post on topics that I see going downhill. But I really think this person is just looking for a reaction out of somebody. How someone could intenionally do something so cruel and vicious is something I do not want to believe on here. There are many things I really want to say but will not. Because I would be banned from BYC. And I have respect for what this site stands for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom