Culled a hen found something really weird inside - pics... not to graphic

Thank you, demerson and casportpony, for sharing these results. Most folks just say, "Oh, well," and accept w/o taking advantage of the opportunity to learn. And, even better, to share w/ others what you have discovered ...

It would be amazing to see what somebody might discover from a highly magnified slice of these things. Wondering if there'd be signs of some specific viral/bacterial/fungal infection found w/in the center of ... don't even know what to *call* these things.

Demerson, would it be okay for me to send your pictures to my pathologist at UC Davis? He might want to use them for teaching or some of his avian pathology publications.

Thank you, demerson and casportpony, for sharing these results. Most folks just say, "Oh, well," and accept w/o taking advantage of the opportunity to learn. And, even better, to share w/ others what you have discovered ...

It would be amazing to see what somebody might discover from a highly magnified slice of these things. Wondering if there'd be signs of some specific viral/bacterial/fungal infection found w/in the center of ... don't even know what to *call* these things.
I've been meaning to send my pictures to the pathologist... When I do, I'll ask him and post back his reply.

With the access to equipment they'd have, your pathologist might wanna have the [whatever that 'thing' is you've each found].
Mine is long gone and I don't think they do anything but in state necropsies for free... If I had sent my hen in, all test would have been done free, but if I send in a mass, I'll get billed.

Mine is long gone and I don't think they do anything but in state necropsies for free... If I had sent my hen in, all test would have been done free, but if I send in a mass, I'll get billed.

Now, see? I'da never thought of chargin' somebody for what they provided for my own benefit ... due to that concern, you most probably buried the alien species responsible for implanting it's seed w/in your chicken just prior to it's own death, so as to continue it's presence on earth (just a guess ~'-)

Could you share what your hen's symptoms were? How long did you wait before you culled her? Thanks for sharing!

X2

Could you share what your hen's symptoms were? How long did you wait before you culled her? Thanks for sharing!

She was pretty old ... she was a little slower than the rest for a while and I didn't really think anything of it until she started doing the " penguin " walk .... other than that she acted just fine .... ate and drank as usual - acted like she had the past year .... when I first thought she may have been egg bound she was only slightly bloated/distended and the belly wasn't hard at all .... I did the usual egg bound treatments and nothing happened so on she went ... happy and walking upright ... for another 2 months.

Back
Top Bottom