Culled hen, found these inside, WHAT R THEY?????

Quote:
I just realized how poorly phrased that ^ was... What I should have said was that Ms. Cynthia has had far too much experience with HENS who were internal layers. Sorry for that, Ms. Cynthia. (we need a "bash oneself on the head with a bat" smiley...)
hide.gif
he.gif

I had a White Midget hen that was looking poorly for a few days. I finally caught her and felt her belly. I felt what I was sure was a very large egg. After consulting someone on another forum, who by the way just happened to live up the road, it was decided the egg was going to be way to large for her to pass.
sad.png

I culled her and decided to check out the internal works.
She had a very large egg in a falliopian tube, and backed up was a lot of that white, rubbery matter. The egg was coated it it also. Her tube had twisted, so it was never going to pass, not matter how many times I soaked her in warm water.
Although I hated to lose her, she was a good layer all year, I was glad I did not let her go any longer and prolong her misery.

Holy crap! I had something like this turn up in the egg box recently. Now at least I know what it was! Oh man, I wonder which of them it was? No one has been acting weird! Well, any weirder than they ever do. Man ... I'm going to have to catch them and feel all over them. Thanks!

This is something else guys. I have had a internal layer and opening her up found the whole cavity filled with scrambled egg. Bodies that have gone wrong, poor gals. Thanks for posting these.

I've had a couple of hens lay things that looked like this. But also, I believe an abscess can look like this too.

Back
Top Bottom