Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

I hope no one minds me hanging around this thread. I used to be visiting the previous one, on days when I was up before SUNDOWN. Enjoy the banter and seeing so many folks I have met over the years. Don't drink coffee or tea but, I bring my own caffeine free diet Coke and -sometimes in the past I brought home made brownies. Always ready to share with others.

Pull up a chair! I never actually discovered the last thread, but I've been enjoying chatting with everyone here. I'm glad you joined us!

Good morning. While we are all enjoying our hot coffee, Don't anyone forget about your birds! Cold this morning, and I had to go clear the ice off the hens drinking water. They couldn't peck thru a 1/4 inch of ice!:caf:idunno
My flock got warm mash with a little scratch mixed in this morning. Freezing temps here, tomorrow too. Mother Nature just HAD to get that last little joke in before she turns on the blast furnace.

Good morning. While we are all enjoying our hot coffee, Don't anyone forget about your birds! Cold this morning, and I had to go clear the ice off the hens drinking water. They couldn't peck thru a 1/4 inch of ice!:caf:idunno

It's 63°F here as of right now and we're showing highs in the 60s-70s for the next couple weeks! I'm so tempted to garden!

Good morning Tonya, :frow thanks for the coffee. 38°F quite warm? Its 62°F here! :D but its subject to change...winter is returning late tonight early Wednesday morning, suppose to be in the lower 40's all day! After a high of 85°F today! :barnie
Hope you have a good day at work.
We have 62° and light rain today.

Coq Au Vin, for example, is Cockerel in Wine Sauce. It's excellent. I have made a Cockerel in Reisling Sauce before, which is a little different, since Coq Au Vin uses red wine, and I like it even better!
I would hate to put my cockerels in wine sauce, They might get drunk and party all night!... Just think of that mental picture!:lau

Last edited:
Good morning, everyone! Thanks for the coffee!

I hope no one minds me hanging around this thread. I used to be visiting the previous one, on days when I was up before SUNDOWN. Enjoy the banter and seeing so many folks I have met over the years. Don't drink coffee or tea but, I bring my own caffeine free diet Coke and -sometimes in the past I brought home made brownies. Always ready to share with others.

Not at all! Happy to have you here. We do have hot chocolate and a soda fountain. So help yourself!

Is that the one that checks the sex at 3 days of incubation? Or something like that? I found this one that says unincubated eggs so no death to a developing embryo.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21479544
that one is different. I do not think that process is ready to go. It might be too expensive.

The one that the Germans have involved a candling process but was later in development

Back
Top Bottom