Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

I'm doing great! What about you?

I've seen you a lot around the forum and I would love to learn more about you and your flock! :)

I'm doing well! I'm not sure where to start! What would you like to know? I'm an open book.
read.gif

It's warm here in Georgia so we're getting our garden ready. My Husband and I (mostly my husband) spent the morning filling the bottom of a garden bed with leaves and pine straw from the yard. We'll be putting soil mixed with compost on top that will push the leaves down quite a lot.

3-31-20 (1).JPG

I wandered off while he was working to go watch my broody hen with her chicks. This picture is from a few days ago but they're so cute!

3-26-20 (8).JPG

1. How many chickens do you have?
2. Breeds?
3. Names?
4. Other pets or poultry?
5. Do you garden? (I do!)
6. What can I call you for short?

1. I keep a small flock on my property, usually anywhere from 12-20 hens. We have some older hens that are our pets that will get to live out their days with us and others that we keep for a while and replace with new chicks when I have insistent broody hens. We now hatch over 100 chicks every year but only keep a few for ourselves.

2. We keep a mixed flock with many breeds. Olive Eggers, Easter Egger, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, English Orpingtons, Frosted Legbar, True Blue, Bantam Cochin, Speckled Sussex, etc.

3. They do all have names, my daughter named most of them. Sunny-Side-Up, Nutmeg, Olive, Margaret, Poppy, Hermoine, Buckbeak, Mini, Skittles, Miracle...and I'm drawing a blank but I could name them if I were looking at them, lol.

4. We currently only have the chickens. We used to have two old Dobermans but they passed and we haven't replaced them.

5. I LOVE to garden!

6. Andrea is my name. I have some friends that call me Andi but I don't know that I would realize you were referring to me here at BYC because I'm still getting used to seeing my actual name here. LOL

Back
Top Bottom