Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

1. I keep a small flock on my property, usually anywhere from 12-20 hens. We have some older hens that are our pets that will get to live out their days with us and others that we keep for a while and replace with new chicks when I have insistent broody hens. We now hatch over 100 chicks every year but only keep a few for ourselves.

2. We keep a mixed flock with many breeds. Olive Eggers, Easter Egger, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, English Orpingtons, Frosted Legbar, True Blue, Bantam Cochin, Speckled Sussex, etc.

3. They do all have names, my daughter named most of them. Sunny-Side-Up, Nutmeg, Olive, Margaret, Poppy, Hermoine, Buckbeak, Mini, Skittles, Miracle...and I'm drawing a blank but I could name them if I were looking at them, lol.

4. We currently only have the chickens. We used to have two old Dobermans but they passed and we haven't replaced them.

5. I LOVE to garden!

6. Andrea is my name. I have some friends that call me Andi but I don't know that I would realize you were referring to me here at BYC because I'm still getting used to seeing my actual name here. LOL

Ah, nice. Thanks for sharing more about yourself/your life!

As for me.... (I'll type it up!)

I'm gonna answer the same questions!

1. How many chickens do you have?
2. Breeds?
3. Names?
4. Other pets or poultry?
5. Do you garden? (I do!)
6. What can I call you for short?

1. I have six hens right now but I'm going to be picking up three or four more (chicks) tomorrow or the next day. (Hopefully.)

2. Right now Buff Orpington's and Golden Laced Wyandotte's.

3. The BO's are: CreamPuff, Marshy, & Kiwi. | The GLW's are Melody, Dazzle, & Blamo.

4. Besides my chickens, I have two pet betta fish and a rabbit named BunBun.

5. As you already know: Yes, I love to garden!

6. I always go by "Clucky" on the forum. :)

I'm gonna answer the same questions!

1. I have six hens right now but I'm going to be picking up three or four more (chicks) tomorrow or the next day. (Hopefully.)

2. Right now Buff Orpington's and Golden Laced Wyandotte's.

3. The BO's are: CreamPuff, Marshy, & Kiwi. | The GLW's are Melody, Dazzle, & Blamo.

4. Besides my chickens, I have two pet betta fish and a rabbit named BunBun.

5. As you already know: Yes, I love to garden!

6. I always go by "Clucky" on the forum. :)

:frow Well it's very nice to get to know you better Clucky!

It's warm here in Georgia so we're getting our garden ready. My Husband and I (mostly my husband) spent the morning filling the bottom of a garden bed with leaves and pine straw from the yard. We'll be putting soil mixed with compost on top that will push the leaves down quite a lot.

View attachment 2070542

I wandered off while he was working to go watch my broody hen with her chicks. This picture is from a few days ago but they're so cute!

View attachment 2070546
Love the garden bed, but even more, love the mama and her chicks!!! :love

Enjoyed getting to know both of you a bit better here. :D

I'll have to look into it! Do you happen to have the link on it? I have some Kirby vacuum hepa bags that I could use. I'm not sure about breathability. At this point We're doing whatever we can to increase the protective layers, tightly woven quilting cotton fabric and I had to search and search to find the non woven polypropylene fabric was recommended as what is used in medical masks. I don't even know how many masks we'll be able to complete with what we have so if I have to whip out some vacuum bags so be it. lol

On one of the how to for making the masks, they were using a 3M air filter for the filter. The 3M air filters are 0.3 microns and have a list of which one is for virus'.

Back
Top Bottom