Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Cant wait to see pictures of your flowers, Val! My marigold starts are getting rather big now. Herb starts are growing well too. Thinking of transplanting those into bigger containers today. Do the tomatoes grow well for you? My dad used to always grow tomatoes and they were delicious!
Well, the reason I'm cleaning up the veggie garden and treating it this year instead of using it is because I can grow huge tomato plants with hundreds (thousands?) of tomatoes, but just about harvest time they get a fungus. We have several living naturally in the rain forest here, but don't want it in my tomatoes!!! So, this year we are treating soil and hopefully next year...tomatoes! :woot
I'm sure I'll get some nice cherry tomatoes in my deck pot. Good enough for this year. Have a great source for fresh tomatoes from Yakima for my canning. :)

Hope I remember to take pictures of the flowers. :oops: They wont be here for a while.

I do have these irises in bloom. They were from a dear friend who passed away about 10 years ago (at 90+). These were from her mother’s garden where she grew up. Very special to me. I have a bunch of them.
B91FEF0A-C80B-4D81-8FE7-8FA5A8DF7516.jpeg
555EA1DF-41F4-4AC5-91F9-DFED3FB3D90B.jpeg

And this particular Rhodie is in bloom. The yellow one is just about finished. There are a couple more. These are taller than me and were planted by the original owner of this property, who is also my friend. As you can see, it’s pretty wild and rustic here. Rain forest in the background. 😄

Attachments

• 520E2CA8-ED21-47B9-ACC7-E41C8F984AE4.jpeg
    520E2CA8-ED21-47B9-ACC7-E41C8F984AE4.jpeg
    846.9 KB · Views: 4
Good morning everyone! Thanks for the coffee, Debby! That hits the spot!

We tried some PVC feeders and pvc fixtures on a 5 gallon bucket, but must not have the right configuration because we had problems with the feed getting hung up in there. Would love to see what eventually works for you.

They are just two 4' x 4" pieces of PVC with a "y" piece at the bottom. They decided to take the feed out of the feeder and strow it on the ground. This really got to me. I bought a PVC cap and cut it in two pieces and glued it over the lower half of the "y" opening. Last night when I went out to check on them they had not moved the food to the ground. I will send you some pictures when I get some. Just have to remember to take my camera with me.

Good morning!! I got a surprise phone call at 630 am. The chicks arrived! I'm beyond excited. They are already so fun to have around. Unfortunately, my blue splash marans was dead upon arrival but SO happy they got here early!
View attachment 2164672

Good luck with your youngsters. They sure are cute.

Back
Top Bottom