Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

@igorsMistress I know how you feel about loosing your babies! We moved our tweens out of the brooder Friday night into the grow out pen and something got in over night and killed over half of them. I lost over 30 of my grow outs! :hit I had a big cry over that one. Still not sure what got them either. Most were just laying there dead. No blood or anything! It looked like maybe they just got scared to death literally! Still upsets me! But like we all say it’s part of the rearing I guess! Now I think my husband understands a little more why I hatch so many! Gotta get them to adulthood before you can actually start counting them!

Chickie, sorry to hear about your tweens. I'd have to have a big cry over that too. :hugs

Hi, everyone!

Its busy with haying season here. The guys are working hard to get it all cut and baled! I just like to go for ride alongs in the tractor or truck :D

Chicks are already outgrowing their grow out pen/run! It's been pretty warm here lately but they seem to be holding up well. I'm questionimg whether one of my EEs is a rooster now. He/she has had a very red comb for awhile and is very flighty and standoffish. I guess time will tell :oops:

Hope you are all doing well!

Hi, everyone!

Its busy with haying season here. The guys are working hard to get it all cut and baled! I just like to go for ride alongs in the tractor or truck :D

Chicks are already outgrowing their grow out pen/run! It's been pretty warm here lately but they seem to be holding up well. I'm questionimg whether one of my EEs is a rooster now. He/she has had a very red comb for awhile and is very flighty and standoffish. I guess time will tell :oops:

Hi Riv, sounds like you're keeping busy! Is it ok if the EE is a male?

Take care!

Hi Riv, sounds like you're keeping busy! Is it ok if the EE is a male?

Take care!

I wouldn't mind a roo if the others are all hens :lol: I've been thinking for awhile that my Buff Brahma is a roo too but lately I'm not very sure. Im very curious what will happen! They are 7 weeks old today so hopefully in the next few weeks I will be able to tell.

I wouldn't mind a roo if the others are all hens :lol: I've been thinking for awhile that my Buff Brahma is a roo too but lately I'm not very sure. Im very curious what will happen! They are 7 weeks old today so hopefully in the next few weeks I will be able to tell.

I see, two boys might be one too many...if that's what they both end up being. Well, while we're waiting, we'll just hope for one guy only!

Hi, everyone!

What a great time it is on your ranch!!! Love it!!! :love Having a couple roosters is great fun. I love having Pippi and Mad Hatter around. Pippi is the best rooster I could have hoped for and Mad is just entertaining and ornery. Now I have a little cockerel from Surly Girl. Lucy 2 is now Louie Louie. :lol: Wondering if Pippi can keep to roosters in line. 🤔

@CapricornFarm. I'm very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope they find a treatment quickly! Also, so exciting about the goats! I'm sure they are darling. I hope the runaway shows up at some point. :love
@Riv-6 , the neighbor found her and brought her back! I have been bottle feeding her and giving her electrolytes. Looks like she may live. I was very concerned.

Back
Top Bottom