Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Morning ladies! That's a bottomless coffee pot so refill as needed :D
I'm gonna need it. Woke up to #4 in the incubator.. #5 is pipping... not so sure what the last one will do.. The egg was badly damaged when I accidentally dropped it. I was candling on the 16th day after the storm came through and I lost power for 12 hours... it fell and nearly shattered. I did see movement inside the egg as the crushed walls moved a bit on day 20, but now................ I'm sad cause it's either poking along or won't make it.

Last edited:
I'm gonna need it. Woke up to #4 in the brooder.. #5 is pipping... not so sure what the last one will do.. The egg was badly damaged when I accidentally dropped it. I was candling on the 16th day after the storm came through and I lost power for 12 hours... it fell and nearly shattered. I did see movement inside the egg as the crushed walls moved a bit on day 20, but now................ I'm sad cause it's either poking along or won't make it.

Congrats on more hatching! Keeping my fingers crossed that even the damaged one makes it :fl

Congrats on more hatching! Keeping my fingers crossed that even the damaged one makes it :fl
I'm wondering.. .out of six eggs, I had 3 pip and hatch before a completed 21 days... now it's 12 hours past the 21 days mark, and 2 of the other 3 are hatched or pipping... early birds male, and late hatches female?

DSC_0486.JPG

First two of Bruiser and Maggie's chicks.
DSC_0485.JPG

First of Henri and Sweet Pea's chicks. (one in the incubator and one pipping)
DSC_0483.JPG

Oh, and pumpkin pie! Have some with your coffee.. ♥ ;)

I'm gonna need it. Woke up to #4 in the incubator.. #5 is pipping... not so sure what the last one will do.. The egg was badly damaged when I accidentally dropped it. I was candling on the 16th day after the storm came through and I lost power for 12 hours... it fell and nearly shattered. I did see movement inside the egg as the crushed walls moved a bit on day 20, but now................ I'm sad cause it's either poking along or won't make it.
Oh no! Sorry about the cracked egg! I hope she makes it anyway. And congrats on all the others hatching!
I'm wondering.. .out of six eggs, I had 3 pip and hatch before a completed 21 days... now it's 12 hours past the 21 days mark, and 2 of the other 3 are hatched or pipping... early birds male, and late hatches female?
I hope not! That would mean all but one of my little chicks are male. 😵

Back
Top Bottom