Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better! No matter the ailment I'm always a big pusher of water. I feel like it helps to cleanse, hydrate, and flush out the yuckies. My family is sick of hearing me say "don't forget to drink water" lol.

Water is great for the body But electrolytes are as important

Thanks for that. I do also have ginger tea. My problem is, I never think about drinking tea. :lol: I found a dramamine that has natural ingredients in it, including ginger. It works pretty well for the nausea. But that is not the only symptom I'm dealing with.

Anyway, I really didn't want to come in here and spoil our coffee time with all this. :D Sorry about that!!!

Let's all have coffee, tea and crumpets!

@ValerieJ

I can't think of a better place to discuss this. We have discussed every thing else so why not you and your problems.

@ValerieJ

I can't think of a better place to discuss this. We have discussed every thing else so why not you and your problems.
I'm so glad you asked this question. What I said the other day just wasn't what is in my heart at all. I love that everyone discusses how they are feeling and what they are dealing with. I pray when I know what to pray for.

As for me, coming here is an escape from everything I'm dealing with. It seems everywhere I go and everyone I talk to want to ask about my health now, and it's down right depressing me. I like to forget about it from time to time, and much of it is not pleasant to talk about. So, I find myself saying "I'm doing fine" often, knowing it's an outright lie. :confused: This is what I should have said, rather than sound like I'm trying to change anything about this thread. It's not my thread, it belongs to everyone who comes here. :love

I love hearing what is happening in everyone else's lives, to whatever degree you all want to share it. :love

I’m so happy to read this! It’s good when the flock is peaceful and well isn’t it? Are you really going to keep three boys?
I hope I can keep 3 boys. Louie Louie is on his own right now, and that is very sad. He's only a few months old and crazy hormonal. After injuring one of my hens I decided he had to be culled from the flock until he mellows out a bit.

Pippi and Mad Hatter have lived together fairly peacefully since they were born. Pippi is top rooster and Mad knows it. Louie Louie is bigger than Pippi, although he is his offspring, but I will never allow him to usurp Pippi's status. If he tries to pick fights with Pippi, he will be on his own again, or more permanently culled. So far, he is afraid of both roosters.

Pippi is just the very best rooster ever and makes my work so much easier. Also, when Mad Hatter decides to challenge me, very often Pippi comes over and chases him away. :lau Cutest thing I've ever seen.

Mad Hatter is always challenging us, and that's a bit of a pain, but he is amusing, and all it takes is a squirt from a squirt gun to make him go away.

Queen Bee, the hen who was injured by Louie Louie, moved into the big coop to recuperate and never came back out until today. When I went out she had stepped out the door and was inside the secure run, but enjoying the outdoors a bit. After a couple months, that was nice to see. :wee

I hope I can keep 3 boys. Louie Louie is on his own right now, and that is very sad. He's only a few months old and crazy hormonal. After injuring one of my hens I decided he had to be culled from the flock until he mellows out a bit.

Pippi and Mad Hatter have lived together fairly peacefully since they were born. Pippi is top rooster and Mad knows it. Louie Louie is bigger than Pippi, although he is his offspring, but I will never allow him to usurp Pippi's status. If he tries to pick fights with Pippi, he will be on his own again, or more permanently culled. So far, he is afraid of both roosters.

Pippi is just the very best rooster ever and makes my work so much easier. Also, when Mad Hatter decides to challenge me, very often Pippi comes over and chases him away. :lau Cutest thing I've ever seen.

Mad Hatter is always challenging us, and that's a bit of a pain, but he is amusing, and all it takes is a squirt from a squirt gun to make him go away.

Queen Bee, the hen who was injured by Louie Louie, moved into the big coop to recuperate and never came back out until today. When I went out she had stepped out the door and was inside the secure run, but enjoying the outdoors a bit. After a couple months, that was nice to see. :wee
Wow, she’s had a long recovery. So happy to know Queen Bee is enjoying the outdoors again Val!
Roosters are one thing I do and don’t miss about my flock. If I had the space I might keep a flock of just boys simply for their beauty and antics. I find them much more entertaining than the hens most of the time. I don’t miss the crowing much though. Sometimes, but not often.

Back
Top Bottom