Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

It sure does to me! I missed where you said you got the recipe? Was it an old family recipe for you too?
Okay, now that I'm home and comparing the recipes, I do see differences. These two cookies would have a very similar flavor, but not texture. Angel Fingers are very dense, like a shortbread cookie. Your Grandma's recipe is lighter, uses less flour and powdered sugar. It says if the dough is too soft to refrigerate it. My grandma's cookie would never have that problem. In fact, if you don't have a Kitchen Aide, you'd have to mix mine by hand at the end.

Having tasted the wedding cookies, I can attest to both being delicious. 😋

I am making orange marmalade!

I hope it turns out
Oh wow! That's awesome. I love orange marmalade and cream cheese on date bread. I'm going to try the prune bread (or was it cake?) that I just got from one of you and see if the marmalade and cream cheese tastes just as good on that.

Can't wait to hear how the marmalade turns out. 😋

Okay, now that I'm home and comparing the recipes, I do see differences. These two cookies would have a very similar flavor, but not texture. Angel Fingers are very dense, like a shortbread cookie. Your Grandma's recipe is lighter, uses less flour and powdered sugar. It says if the dough is too soft to refrigerate it. My grandma's cookie would never have that problem. In fact, if you don't have a Kitchen Aide, you'd have to mix mine by hand at the end.

Having tasted the wedding cookies, I can attest to both being delicious. 😋

Yes hers are very dry and without the powder sugar on the outside they wouldn't be very sweet. We joke about not inhaling when we eat them because they would be easy to choke on, lol. They're really good though and the recipes are very similar!

Oh wow! That's awesome. I love orange marmalade and cream cheese on date bread. I'm going to try the prune bread (or was it cake?) that I just got from one of you and see if the marmalade and cream cheese tastes just as good on that.

Can't wait to hear how the marmalade turns out. 😋

I'm going to try making the prune cake as well. I put prunes on my grocery list to try it.

My KA does the angle fingers until I go to put the nuts in mix them by hand
see them in the jar
010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom