Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

It's my son's 32nd birthday today! :wee
Happy Birthday wishes to your son, Cap!
OP.gif

Good morning everyone! Took the last cup of coffee and put on another pot. Happy birthday to you son, Cap.

My house smells heavenly this morning. I had a bit of insomnia last night, so I put Italian Beef in the crock pot at 1am. It's always best the 2nd day, so now this evening it should be great!

And the sun is trying to come out! It's going to be a great day!

Good morning everyone! Took the last cup of coffee and put on another pot. Happy birthday to you son, Cap.

My house smells heavenly this morning. I had a bit of insomnia last night, so I put Italian Beef in the crock pot at 1am. It's always best the 2nd day, so now this evening it should be great!

I was awake a bit at 2am too but I did not go down and cook. When that happens, I do some breathing meditation like stuff. It fools my sleep tracker into thinking I am asleep...maybe I was?

You know you're going to have to tell us what Italian Beef is, right? I love using my crock pot!

I was awake a bit at 2am too but I did not go down and cook. When that happens, I do some breathing meditation like stuff. It fools my sleep tracker into thinking I am asleep...maybe I was?
I have tried that, and everything else I can think of. Usually I have a glass of wine, or take melatonin, but I'm trying to diet, so the wine is out and I don't think a person ought to use melatonin everyday, so I was still up, as in hadn't even gone to bed yet. Yep. That wide awake. Then all of a sudden at 2am, I couldn't keep my eyes open another minute. :lau 💤

I have tried that, and everything else I can think of. Usually I have a glass of wine, or take melatonin, but I'm trying to diet, so the wine is out and I don't think a person ought to use melatonin everyday, so I was still up, as in hadn't even gone to bed yet. Yep. That wide awake. Then all of a sudden at 2am, I couldn't keep my eyes open another minute. :lau 💤
I wonder if working on lighting might help. The blue colored lights seem to keep sleep from kicking in. Also, now phone time an hour before bedtime. Do you get up at the same time no matter what time you go to sleep?

Sleep issues are a real problem in this day and age

I wonder if working on lighting might help. The blue colored lights seem to keep sleep from kicking in. Also, now phone time an hour before bedtime. Do you get up at the same time no matter what time you go to sleep?

Sleep issues are a real problem in this day and age
Well, I have always had sleep issues. One thing you point out, that is a current issue, is reading before sleep. My eyes can't read paper books in the dim light I need to use so DH can sleep, so I read on my laptop.

Really this time is temporary. I had a bad week last week and now that I got past all that, my sleep has been interrupted, so now it's a bit wacky. It will straighten out to some degree.

When I'm sleeping normally, I'm up anywhere from 4-6 am, but of course if I don't go to sleep until 2 am, then it's about 8 before I'm awake.

I've dealt with this forever. I'm retired now, so what does it matter? I was just sharing that my dinner smells so good right now. :D

Back
Top Bottom