Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Good morning!! I got a surprise phone call at 630 am. The chicks arrived! I'm beyond excited. They are already so fun to have around. Unfortunately, my blue splash marans was dead upon arrival but SO happy they got here early!
20200528_100450.jpg

Good morning!! I got a surprise phone call at 630 am. The chicks arrived! I'm beyond excited. They are already so fun to have around. Unfortunately, my blue splash marans was dead upon arrival but SO happy they got here early!
View attachment 2164672

They're adorable Riv!

Sorry about the one, have you called the hatchery to report it? You may be able to get reimbursed or a replacement (or 2).

They're adorable Riv!

Sorry about the one, have you called the hatchery to report it? You may be able to get reimbursed or a replacement (or 2).

I haven't called yet! They have a 48 hour live guarantee so I just need to report during that time frame. Unfortunately, I have one chick that is being picked on and is pretty lethargic right now so I'm kind of waiting it out to see if that one lives ):

Do you or anyone else have any suggestions to help it? I'm hoping it's just from being worn out from shipping but all the other run around etc so I'm a little concerned. I'll post pictures of it!
20200528_100847.jpg

The peck at its beak and seems to be pushed around by the other chicks :hmm
20200528_120628.jpg

This is the chick now. It will lift its head and open its eyes but just go right back to sleeping. It hasn't come out since I put it under there.

It did eat and drink earlier. I also put electrolytes in their water

I haven't called yet! They have a 48 hour live guarantee so I just need to report during that time frame. Unfortunately, I have one chick that is being picked on and is pretty lethargic right now so I'm kind of waiting it out to see if that one lives ):

Do you or anyone else have any suggestions to help it? I'm hoping it's just from being worn out from shipping but all the other run around etc so I'm a little concerned. I'll post pictures of it!View attachment 2164702
View attachment 2164703
This is the chick now. It will lift its head and open its eyes but just go right back to sleeping. It hasn't come out since I put it under there.

Poor baby. Sometimes there will be one that just doesn't handle the trip as well. Can you separate her from the others where they can see each other, just not be able to peck her?

Poor baby. Sometimes there will be one that just doesn't handle the trip as well. Can you separate her from the others where they can see each other, just not be able to peck her?

I'm trying to figure out how to separate her but still have her under the heat plate! I might have to go get a heat lamp separate for her.

Do you or anyone else have any suggestions to help it? I'm hoping it's just from being worn out from shipping but all the other run around etc so I'm a little concerned. I'll post pictures of it!View attachment 2164702
View attachment 2164703

I would separate it and direct dose nutri-drench for starters. I would also find something to feed it that it can eat, and get a dropper to give it water. But, that's me. I wouldn't give up on a chick until I have to. Others are more comfortable with just letting them go. You need to decide what lengths you would go to for yours. :love

Back
Top Bottom