Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Good morning Debby! Thanks for the coffee!

I'm going to do my nails today and then spend some time with the chickens. Don't have anywhere I have to go or anything I have to do. I love days like that. :D

How about you? Any big plans?

I like the sounds of your plans for today!

This afternoon I'll be driving up to Casper to meet DH. We're going to pick out the tub and fixtures for a bathroom, meet a tree removal company and do some miscellaneous other stuff. I'll drive back tomorrow. And then probably take a nap because all that driving and running around wears me out :p

good morning all! Settling in for a rainy mess as the storm rumbles past

I think you're right, it sounds like a good reading day while the storm blows through. Take care!

This afternoon I'll be driving up to Casper to meet DH. We're going to pick out the tub and fixtures for a bathroom, meet a tree removal company and do some miscellaneous other stuff. I'll drive back tomorrow. And then probably take a nap because all that driving and running around wears me out :p
That sounds like fun. Fixtures sound like something you do close to the end of the project. Sounds really nice.

That sounds like fun. Fixtures sound like something you do close to the end of the project. Sounds really nice.

There's still plenty to do but at least this will put us closer to having the full bathroom finished. The next big job will be sanding and refinishing the hardwood floors (that's everything but the kitchen and baths). It's been a long, slow trip getting to this point but there's a small dim light way over there at the end of the tunnel!

There's still plenty to do but at least this will put us closer to having the full bathroom finished. The next big job will be sanding and refinishing the hardwood floors (that's everything but the kitchen and baths). It's been a long, slow trip getting to this point but there's a small dim light way over there at the end of the tunnel!
You'll get there, and you'll be so proud of the work you did to make this house your home. We are always doing something to upgrade our house, while we live in it. How nice it would have been to do it before we moved in. But, we were just so anxious to get here.

You'll get there, and you'll be so proud of the work you did to make this house your home. We are always doing something to upgrade our house, while we live in it. How nice it would have been to do it before we moved in. But, we were just so anxious to get here.

Houses and chicken coops have one thing in common...there's always another project to do :lol:

Houses and chicken coops have one thing in common...there's always another project to do :lol:
Yes! DH is building yet another poop board for ours today. Turns out Louie Louie needs his own. Mad has one, Pippi has one, and the girls can choose, but no other little cockerels allowed. :lau So, he has been sleeping on top of the nesting boxes even though they are slanted. :sick Not a good thing. We'll get it fixed, but I'll say this, we cannot accommodate another cockerel. DH is not up to building a bachelor pad for me, nor is he keen on supporting non productive chickens. :rolleyes: It's enough to convince him my old hens get to live out their lives. At least they did give us eggs at one time. :love They deserve it.

ETA: What that means is, any of these chicks that are cockerels won't be able to stay. :( Once I watch them grow I get quite attached.

Sort of a random thought, but would anyone speculate as to why the large majority of chicken owners are women?

I would say women have more patience than men. Women take the time to see that everything is just right. Men just want to get it done. There is always an exception to every rule.

I feel the poultry companies are owned by men.

This is only my take on this subject. There is no research to back it up.

Yes! DH is building yet another poop board for ours today. Turns out Louie Louie needs his own. Mad has one, Pippi has one, and the girls can choose, but no other little cockerels allowed. :lau So, he has been sleeping on top of the nesting boxes even though they are slanted. :sick Not a good thing. We'll get it fixed, but I'll say this, we cannot accommodate another cockerel. DH is not up to building a bachelor pad for me, nor is he keen on supporting non productive chickens. :rolleyes: It's enough to convince him my old hens get to live out their lives. At least they did give us eggs at one time. :love They deserve it.

ETA: What that means is, any of these chicks that are cockerels won't be able to stay. :( Once I watch them grow I get quite attached.

Don't we all get attached.

Back
Top Bottom