Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Morning all sitting with coffee I lost My cochin to the heat last night or this morning lost two up there to that now they are not good at that heat .. I have two fans in that coop one pulls heat out
Wow...are you sure it was the heat? Doesn't seem to be that hot here, although it's 10 degrees cooler here on the river, but it has been cooler the last couple days. So sorry you lost her!!!! :hugs
@ValerieJ hi! I hope you're feeling well. It has been crazy here getting used to the work hours and trying to fit in chores plus BYC time. I hope you have more girl chicks than boys.
I am feeling great! Thanks for asking. Sounds like work is keeping you pretty busy. I hope you like your job. They are hard to come by these days, or so I hear. I'm past my working years. :old (We need an old lady emoji.)
I bought these pads hope like heck the girls will lay on them none have so far
decided to take a shower for the heck of it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076ZW1GWK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Why do you want them to lay on those pads? Well, obviously because you bought them for them. :rolleyes: But, I'm curious why you bought them. Do they clean easily?

Wow...are you sure it was the heat? Doesn't seem to be that hot here, although it's 10 degrees cooler here on the river, but it has been cooler the last couple days. So sorry you lost her!!!! :hugs
I am feeling great! Thanks for asking. Sounds like work is keeping you pretty busy. I hope you like your job. They are hard to come by these days, or so I hear. I'm past my working years. :old (We need an old lady emoji.)
Why do you want them to lay on those pads? Well, obviously because you bought them for them. :rolleyes: But, I'm curious why you bought them. Do they clean easily?
Good to hear! I do feel very blessed to have found a job during the pandemic. I work at home so there's no commute, but start at 0600. Not a lot of time for chores in the morning and the afternoons are horribly hot right now. I lost 2 of my girls to the heat a couple weeks ago and we're breaking records here.

How are your chicks and the rest of your flock? I have 2 wee ones in the brooder still, it's too hot for them to move outside, and some Mille Fleur d'Uccle eggs in my incubator right now. I'm thinking about keeping all bantams so I can more variety.good

Good to hear! I do feel very blessed to have found a job during the pandemic. I work at home so there's no commute, but start at 0600. Not a lot of time for chores in the morning and the afternoons are horribly hot right now. I lost 2 of my girls to the heat a couple weeks ago and we're breaking records here.

How are your chicks and the rest of your flock? I have 2 wee ones in the brooder still, it's too hot for them to move outside, and some Mille Fleur d'Uccle eggs in my incubator right now. I'm thinking about keeping all bantams so I can more variety.good
Surly Girl's two chicks are doing great. They're a couple weeks old now, so I still don't know if they are pullets or cockerels. I have 6 eggs in my incubator too, but just put those in on the 31st, so hatch day should be the 21st. That's all the chicks I have.

I think you'll love having a variety of breeds. I tend to stick to the orpingtons and RIRs just because they are all about the same size, and I know how to take care of them. :lol: I'm a simple gal. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom