Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Sorry to be MIA for the last few days. Have been very sick. Had to have the yucky COVID test ( came back negative) but still feeling poorly. Today I feel a little better! Had 7 cute silky showgirls hatch during my sickness though that helped keep my spirits up! Hope everyone has a great day! View attachment 2283684
Hope you feel better soon.

Happy Sunday Everyone! Came in for a cup of coffee and found the pot empty. Guess I'm really getting moving late today. :lau So, I made a fresh pot and I'm catching up a little here. :caf

Good morning @Ladies-Eight . Two weeks in and the side effects are starting up, so I am adjusting to that. Definitely not as bad as that IV chemo, but bad enough. I think my body will adjust to it. At least that's what I hear. And I don't want to sound vain, but the thing I'm most upset about is having bags under my eyes for the first time ever!!!! :barnie I don't think that goes away, so I'm exploring eye creams. Other than chemo, everything is fine here. Thanks for checking up on me. I may be sort of in and out for a while until this all settles out. But, don't worry, Debby will make coffee for you all. :love
I'm so sorry you were sick, but thank God it was not Covid!!! :hugs There is just nothing like having a few chicks hatch to make it all feel better, right?
Mine are due to hatch a week later on the 21st. I wonder if they will all hatch. Wonder if they will be all cockerels. 🤔
So far I have had three blue mottled bantam cochins hatch from my blue hen. All 3 are cockerels!

Thanks, friends. Yes, it's no fun, but I have a request for help in to the doctor. He has assured me there are things we can do for nausea, headaches, etc. I don't think there is anything he can do about the bags. :(

I have to admit, Penny, this is not as bad as what you went through. Not even a little. But, it is more of a permanent state of being for me -- there is no end date for these meds--so, I will need to get some help. It's a new way of life for me. 3 years to life is a long time to take a drug that makes you sick. It's all good though. I know he will prescribe something for me.
Well try cucumber slices on your eyes! Give yourself a spa day. You deserve it. Just take it one day at a time. I have faith in you.

Good morning! Thanks for the coffee!

I've heard cucumbers and tea bags will work. I ordered some cream that has caffeine in it, as that is what is in tea bags that helps. The Vit C patches are working a little. But, these bags are different than normal ones, so I'm not sure anything is going to get rid of them. They make me look sicker than I am. 😵🤢

Good morning! Thanks for the coffee!

I've heard cucumbers and tea bags will work. I ordered some cream that has caffeine in it, as that is what is in tea bags that helps. The Vit C patches are working a little. But, these bags are different than normal ones, so I'm not sure anything is going to get rid of them. They make me look sicker than I am. 😵🤢
Yeah, I had my lids lifted but I still have bags under my eyes. But what can I expect at my age? Only hubby and the critters see me much anyways. I rarely look in a mirror.

Yeah, I had my lids lifted but I still have bags under my eyes. But what can I expect at my age? Only hubby and the critters see me much anyways. I rarely look in a mirror.
Same here. In this time, who sees me? :gig But, seriously, even when I was in the hospital a couple different people, doctor and a nurse, said they would have pegged me at 50, and I'm 67. I get those comments all the time. Probably because I carry a few extra pounds and it stretches everything out. :lau But now, I think they would say I look 75!!! Not fair. :rant But, hey, when I consider the alternative, I guess looking older is better than that. :D

Same here. In this time, who sees me? :gig But, seriously, even when I was in the hospital a couple different people, doctor and a nurse, said they would have pegged me at 50, and I'm 67. I get those comments all the time. Probably because I carry a few extra pounds and it stretches everything out. :lau But now, I think they would say I look 75!!! Not fair. :rant But, hey, when I consider the alternative, I guess looking older is better than that. :D

You're absolutely right Val, there are worse things than looking older! :hugs

Hi all. @chickiebaby1 sorry you've been sick. I hope you feel better soon, I'm sure the chicks will help. @ValerieJ I'm sorry you're having side affects now. I hope you adjust soon; rest your body and hope for girls! :hugs :hugsto you both.

Tomorrow I'm going to start acclimating the AC chicks to outside temps. The bantam eggs will go into lockdown on Sunday, then chicks will go under the broody outside.

Back
Top Bottom