Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Sniff sniff... Ok, the kids from the brooder are now officially outside babes. They went out to their respective hoop coop this morning. Brooder is cleaned up and ready for the eggs in the incubator. Tomorrow is day 21. Took the kids a while to come out of the bin they were transported in, but wow... sunbathing, dirt bathing, grass bathing, chest bumping, and of course finding a community corner between the two coops for everyone to gather in for a snooze. Just waiting for them to explore more of their new home besides the food and the corner. LOL.

Okay so have to post here also quite rodeo between yesterday and this morning.
Posted it all over will here too
Okay sold 4 birds to a neighbor .. We have Mexican older folks that do not have great english skills ... So this gal wanted fresh birds for her daughters wedding I had 3 cockerel growing up, We could sell told her I have hen EE she layed 4 or 6 eggs none since she is year old you can stew her..
She wanted the 4.. Fast forward told her I would bring them to her as she does not drive .. Caught 2 of the boys last one was flighty found it's way to my little coop with Smudge my Marans coop and smudge then thought he should protect it. The ensuing Smudge escaped because I had a net (My birds hate nets)..
Smudge spent the night in the blackberry brambles other side of the property.
This morning I went out with my other half no dogs.. I found smudge still in the blackberry .. Started calling him by heavens he followed me to his coop .. It is raining here this morning he was pretty bedraggled .. BF did grab Smudge he was at the fence could not quite figure to come around the door...
BF was able to grab him by his feet placed him back with his girls...

Sniff sniff... Ok, the kids from the brooder are now officially outside babes. They went out to their respective hoop coop this morning. Brooder is cleaned up and ready for the eggs in the incubator. Tomorrow is day 21. Took the kids a while to come out of the bin they were transported in, but wow... sunbathing, dirt bathing, grass bathing, chest bumping, and of course finding a community corner between the two coops for everyone to gather in for a snooze. Just waiting for them to explore more of their new home besides the food and the corner. LOL.

And I thought I was the only one that got a bit sad about little ones growing up and moving out. :) It's a good thing though, now you'll have a place for the new babies!

And I thought I was the only one that got a bit sad about little ones growing up and moving out. :) It's a good thing though, now you'll have a place for the new babies!
Yes, and I'll NEVER do 11 in the brooder at one time again... EVER! So much POOP! I only have 6 eggs in the incubator, 3 from Henri and Sweet Pea, and 3 from Bruiser and Maggie. Millie and Mollie still are not laying and I got those 4 gals at the same time. So much trauma they went through at the production mill. I got them at 41 weeks of age, so I suppose by next spring they may start laying again. And of course, when these eggs come out of the incubator, Charlie Sheen and Henrietta Brown (both black sex links) have started a clutch of eggs. (Henrietta just started laying). It's fun to watch her in the box.. she's picking up hay and arranging the nest while waiting on an egg to drop, and Charlie is right there outside the box waiting on her. They are really bonded well. Guess he's protecting her while she's on the nest.

Yes, and I'll NEVER do 11 in the brooder at one time again... EVER! So much POOP! I only have 6 eggs in the incubator, 3 from Henri and Sweet Pea, and 3 from Bruiser and Maggie. Millie and Mollie still are not laying and I got those 4 gals at the same time. So much trauma they went through at the production mill. I got them at 41 weeks of age, so I suppose by next spring they may start laying again. And of course, when these eggs come out of the incubator, Charlie Sheen and Henrietta Brown (both black sex links) have started a clutch of eggs. (Henrietta just started laying). It's fun to watch her in the box.. she's picking up hay and arranging the nest while waiting on an egg to drop, and Charlie is right there outside the box waiting on her. They are really bonded well. Guess he's protecting her while she's on the nest.

Keep us posted on how your hatch goes!

That's a great story about Charlie and Henrietta :D

Keep us posted on how your hatch goes!

That's a great story about Charlie and Henrietta :D
DSC_0444.JPG

Thar he be, just waiting on her to finish up and come out and graze with him.
DSC_0460.JPG

I really do like her. She has great size and her coloring is adorable. I raised them both from chicks.

Back
Top Bottom