Curious about my pullet

Sarahbeck

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 11, 2013
Northern California

The dark pullet was sold to me as a dark Silver Americana and while she's not too far away from laying and helping out with the mystery I am curious what the community thinks.

I realize the photos aren't ideal. We are working on socialization as my poochie has made the chickens not quite as comfy (which since she's a brat... makes sense) as they could be.

I agree, I can see slw there. The comb looks rose vs pea, but the lacing is pretty poor and those dark legs speak to mixed ancestry.

Interesting. I hadn't considered a slw cross. I think its possible. She's a character. Her legs are dark and her comb is different than my light brahma and welsummer (they seem more true to their breed (I hope)).

But I don't know much (anything) about comb development.

Just some follow-up shots. She's a happy enough bird and I still hold out hope that at I'll get interesting eggs. They are just a fun hobby so I had hoped to get a mix of colors in eggs to be able to be able to more easily check on how everyone was doing in that department. Got my first egg from the Welly yesterday so perhaps some of the mystery in terms of egg color will clear up soon!

Got my first egg from her and its minty green! Woo hoo!

Back
Top Bottom