Curious explorers

chickmama2014

Songster
10 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Two of my six girls.
Twenty is my Bielefelder. Ruler of the roost or flock. 😂 She is always the first to come running when I walk in the run. She is the first to try anything new out. She is also the only one besides the Silkie that will let me pet her. I named her Twenty because she cost $20, she was the first girl I purchased the day I brought them all home.

Louise is my Gold Laced Wyandotte. She is the biggest girl in the flock but does not rule the roost. She is as curious as Twenty but holds back. I have been able to get her to eat BSFL out of my hand so hopefully she’ll eventually let me pet her as well. She has a flock mate that she came with named Thelma-the Speckled Sussex.

I have had them for almost 2.5 weeks. Getting 1-3 eggs depending on the day. I know for sure these two have been laying but they skipped yesterday. Thelma the SS is also laying.

Hope you enjoy! And please share your 🐓 📸

Attachments

• IMG_1189.jpeg
    IMG_1189.jpeg
    597.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1191.jpeg
    IMG_1191.jpeg
    661.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1203.jpeg
    IMG_1203.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 4
I captured some more photos tonight. No sun shining as we’ve had rain this afternoon!
We have Hennypenny the Silver Laced Wyandotte. She does this funny little run, flap, jump thing that just cracks me up. If she thinks she’s getting left behind. I wish I could capture it on video. She is one of the aloof gals. Not at all sure she wants to like me. Hopefully that will come with time and trust.

Dolly rightfully named for her big hair. White crested black polish. She also doesn’t think she wants to be touched or even have me get to close at all. I county help but want a polish because they are just so cute.

Thelma! My sweet sassy speckled Sussex. She is the most talkative of the girls, in fact she almost never shuts up. At first I thought she was trying to tell me something important. Now I think it’s just her. Chatty Cathy. She prefers to lay her eggs in a hole she has dug rather than in the nest box.
Last but not least
Chickaletta, the cute dopey little Silkie. I sure wish I would have don’t my homework on this breed before bringing her home. How we I can’t resist that cute little fluffy body and those blue ear lobes. I can pick her up and snuggle her whenever. She refuses to roost even with a short one. I hope once my new coop is don’t she’ll at least use the ramp to go up into it rather than try to stay in the run all night.

Attachments

• IMG_1213.jpeg
    IMG_1213.jpeg
    517.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1210.jpeg
    IMG_1210.jpeg
    593.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1212.jpeg
    IMG_1212.jpeg
    727.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1215.jpeg
    IMG_1215.jpeg
    458.2 KB · Views: 5
I captured some more photos tonight. No sun shining as we’ve had rain this afternoon!
We have Hennypenny the Silver Laced Wyandotte. She does this funny little run, flap, jump thing that just cracks me up. If she thinks she’s getting left behind. I wish I could capture it on video. She is one of the aloof gals. Not at all sure she wants to like me. Hopefully that will come with time and trust.

Dolly rightfully named for her big hair. White crested black polish. She also doesn’t think she wants to be touched or even have me get to close at all. I county help but want a polish because they are just so cute.

Thelma! My sweet sassy speckled Sussex. She is the most talkative of the girls, in fact she almost never shuts up. At first I thought she was trying to tell me something important. Now I think it’s just her. Chatty Cathy. She prefers to lay her eggs in a hole she has dug rather than in the nest box.
Last but not least
Chickaletta, the cute dopey little Silkie. I sure wish I would have don’t my homework on this breed before bringing her home. How we I can’t resist that cute little fluffy body and those blue ear lobes. I can pick her up and snuggle her whenever. She refuses to roost even with a short one. I hope once my new coop is don’t she’ll at least use the ramp to go up into it rather than try to stay in the run all night.
They are all beautiful!! :love

Lovely girls -- and such personalities!

BTW, my Speckled Sussex, Bronwyn, is also a chatty girl. She follows me around, offering commentary on whatever I'm doing. Bronwyn has now trained me to lift up my round stepping stones so she can eat any yummy crawly things that are underneath them.
Yes that’s exactly how Thelma is! That’s to funny your girl has trained you 😂Would you share a picture of her?

Back
Top Bottom