Curious...how do you call your chickens to you?

Our coop is downhill a bit and away from our house, but our deck is really high. When they see me go out on the deck I can hear them start making noises when they're in the run. When they're roaming and I yell "CHICKY CHICKIES" in this really obnoxious, high pitched voice they come flapping over for treats! I started off using mealworms as the incentive to come to me, and then moved up to shaking the scratch bucket and now it's just my voice
smile.png

I just love seeing all the ways everyone calls their flock to them! Thank you to each and everyone for your comment, I am so enjoying this! Keep it coming, if anyone else wants to add on please do! I'm hoping that my girls will soon start coming to me for treats when called, and I have faith that my newbies will too bc I do plan to spoil them rotten!

Quote:
I try to sneak out too but they always find me before I make it down the stairs. My WLH rooster always flys out of his uncovered area so I have to call him by saying "Pinky, get back in here!" and he comes running to the gate and goes in.

What call them are you kidding? I can't walk through the yard now without them under my feet. I would be happy with a way to get them from following me every move, outside of processing them.

WalkingWolf

What call them are you kidding? I can't walk through the yard now without them under my feet. I would be happy with a way to get them from following me every move, outside of processing them.

I guess where mine are still new to us, and used to someone else, is the reason they're not under foot, however, I feel that my new chickies coming will be under foot once they get old enough.​

Back
Top Bottom