curious-question-about-chickens-pooping-you-never-knew-you-wanted-know

Why would you start a thread about chickens in the Guinea Fowl forum? There are lots of chicken forums but only one Guinea Fowl forum.
As you've said many times, there's near zero research regarding guineas. Although the question includes the word "chicken" it also discusses ducks.
Thank goodness I didn't include the research on parrots.

Sorry this article is hilariously wrong. I have a chicken that wants to sit on my lap just to poop and it is always the worst diarreah. But they are intelligent, he is telling me he is sick when he does it. I also have roosters that hold it too, so its possible.

I do wonder if chickens aim their poop. I find it inside cups, on top of places where i know they had to be aiming, like inside my hat and shoes sometimes. Once inside the coffee pot, ive been hit on the head a few times on purpose. It goes on..

Sorry this article is hilariously wrong. I have a chicken that wants to sit on my lap just to poop and it is always the worst diarreah. But they are intelligent, he is telling me he is sick when he does it. I also have roosters that hold it too, so its possible.

I do wonder if chickens aim their poop. I find it inside cups, on top of places where i know they had to be aiming, like inside my hat and shoes sometimes. Once inside the coffee pot, ive been hit on the head a few times on purpose. It goes on..
Ah, the joys of indoor poultry!!! :th

Sounds like how my Baby Margo was. She wouldn’t ever poop when she was being held (which was normally around 3-5 hours straight every day + shorter times as well). She would only poop if I set her down outside for a minute or had her over a paper towel or something. I also had this rooster that would act a certain way before he needed to, so I would take him outside and then bring him back inside once he was done.

Are you researching on behalf of the lap sitting of Numi the house guinea? :gig How’s (s)he
Numi likes to snuggle under my chin to sleep. I have a fleece pouch to keep her warm, but lately she doesn't want to be in it so lays on top of it.
She's started doing this thing where she wakes up frantic. I put her in the brooder, she goes to the same spot every time,does her business & then she's good to go.
After this event last night & seeing her go to the same spot, I was 🤔...I was under the impression that birds had no control over that, & that I've just been relatively lucky w/those who've spent time sleeping in my lap or riding on my shoulder.
Now she doesn't exclusively use that one spot all the time in the brooder; believe me I have to change her MHP cover daily, as well as the puppy pad. Nor am I putting her in that spot when I set her down. But I thought the whole thing interesting, that she appears to be doing her own little peepee dance & not using me as a drop board.
Hence the research, bc I'm curious by nature. I started off a post abt her behavior, but erased it anticipating the disparaging comment would have been abt crazy bird lady humanizing her guinea. Never fear, I expected one regarding posting abt chickens in a guinea forum as well.🤷‍♀️
Numi is doing well. Her primary flight feathers are in and she's grown a lot. She makes the most hillarious noises while sleeping. Lol

Numi likes to snuggle under my chin to sleep. I have a fleece pouch to keep her warm, but lately she doesn't want to be in it so lays on top of it.
She's started doing this thing where she wakes up frantic. I put her in the brooder, she goes to the same spot every time,does her business & then she's good to go.
After this event last night & seeing her go to the same spot, I was 🤔...I was under the impression that birds had no control over that, & that I've just been relatively lucky w/those who've spent time sleeping in my lap or riding on my shoulder.
Now she doesn't exclusively use that one spot all the time in the brooder; believe me I have to change her MHP cover daily, as well as the puppy pad. Nor am I putting her in that spot when I set her down. But I thought the whole thing interesting, that she appears to be doing her own little peepee dance & not using me as a drop board.
Hence the research, bc I'm curious by nature. I started off a post abt her behavior, but erased it anticipating the disparaging comment would have been abt crazy bird lady humanizing her guinea. Never fear, I expected one regarding posting abt chickens in a guinea forum as well.🤷‍♀️
Numi is doing well. Her primary flight feathers are in and she's grown a lot. She makes the most hillarious noises while sleeping. Lol
Awwww! Numi sounds like such a little sweetie! :love No worries Sydney, you’re the Guinea Whisperer so we already know you’re on a different wavelength with your birds. I want to hear more about Numi. And pics! Must have more pics!!!:pop

Back
Top Bottom