Curious question about muscovy duckling

Just gorgeous Muscovys. Sorry about losing your two littles.
Thank you! :)
Losing littles are always so hard. But, your remaining two are precious! I love our Muscovies. They have so much personality! Though, my prima dona is my Rouen. She is all flair, while the Muscovies are the quiet cool. Now... my newest babies are going to be interesting, spoiled rotten runners.

Your Muscovies have wonderful markings and that momma is just beautiful!
It certainly is, but these little guys sure help getting over that sadness. I've never had another duck breed, so I can't compare them to others, but 'scovies sure do have great personalities! Each one unique. Your rouen sounds great. :D And thank you very much.
Fancy was like that, he was 2-3x speedys size and she was the older one. I though I got a goose! He had blue eyes too. 🥰
Haha, if I hadn't known he was for sure part of mama Aspen's clutch I might've thought the same thing about my little one. :gig Blue eyes on a duck are just gorgeous. I'm excited because this is my 2nd duck with blue eyes.

Our male, Cupcake, is so big that we had a friend ask if he was a goose or juvenile turkey. :lol:
Oh my! The males sure can get big. :lol:

They can sure get big. Any pictures!
Oh yes! lol. None today, I managed to forget to bring my phone with me when I went outside, and then I was in all afternoon working on a paper so I didn't get out there much today. I'll try to get some tomorrow. He's just about half the size of his mama!

New pictures! I tried to figure out about how old they are now, since I don't keep track...I believe they are around 6 weeks old?

20200215_083832.jpg

20200215_113155.jpg

And a peek at the other duckling's pretty markings.
20200215_113236.jpg

Aspen, their mama who is one of my starter ducks, was bobbing her head at me and I got this goofy picture of her that made me giggle. :lol:
20200215_113321.jpg

Updates! The baby really needs to grow into his legs...while he has gotten bigger, his legs took a jump start ahead... :lol:
20200219_142451.jpg

20200219_142652.jpg

20200219_142511.jpg

I know this one is a little blurry, but it shows how big he has gotten. Yesterday I was giving out some evening treats and he was eating out of my hand with one of my grown drakes, and they kinda got upset with one another and stood off (no one got in a fight), and he was able to stand eye-to-eye with my drake! I wonder if he'll come to a normal drake size or if he'll be a bit bigger.
At this point, unless he really surprises me, I'm pretty convinced he's a boy. I'm still hovering at 'hopefully and probably a girl, but not gonna say yet' for my other duckling, as last clutch I had one I was convinced was a girl, but she turned out to be a he!

Back
Top Bottom