Curious question about muscovy duckling

Updates! The baby really needs to grow into his legs...while he has gotten bigger, his legs took a jump start ahead... :lol:
View attachment 2030523
View attachment 2030524
View attachment 2030525
I know this one is a little blurry, but it shows how big he has gotten. Yesterday I was giving out some evening treats and he was eating out of my hand with one of my grown drakes, and they kinda got upset with one another and stood off (no one got in a fight), and he was able to stand eye-to-eye with my drake! I wonder if he'll come to a normal drake size or if he'll be a bit bigger.
At this point, unless he really surprises me, I'm pretty convinced he's a boy. I'm still hovering at 'hopefully and probably a girl, but not gonna say yet' for my other duckling, as last clutch I had one I was convinced was a girl, but she turned out to be a he!
Soo cute!

Thank you all for the comments...Sorry I haven't gotten back to this thread, I've just let myself get distracted.

Mr. big duckling is doing great, and so is his family. Mama Aspen is leaving them much more frequently now and they're growing very independent. Almost no more deafening peeping! ;) :gig

Through treats and food, they have also become very friendly and they've gone from 'more ducks' to 'my babies' now. (Well, they have been for a while) :lol: Both are so sweet but still a little skittish. We'll see if they remain this way once they grow up...usually once grown my ducks will distance themselves from me a bit.

These pictures were just from the other day.
20200224_173812(0).jpg

20200224_173759.jpg

20200224_173820.jpg

Thank you all for the comments...Sorry I haven't gotten back to this thread, I've just let myself get distracted.

Mr. big duckling is doing great, and so is his family. Mama Aspen is leaving them much more frequently now and they're growing very independent. Almost no more deafening peeping! ;) :gig

Through treats and food, they have also become very friendly and they've gone from 'more ducks' to 'my babies' now. (Well, they have been for a while) :lol: Both are so sweet but still a little skittish. We'll see if they remain this way once they grow up...usually once grown my ducks will distance themselves from me a bit.

These pictures were just from the other day.
View attachment 2036468
View attachment 2036470
View attachment 2036472

My goodness! Such beautiful babies. I am in love with mama Aspen. She is absolutely stunning! I need to add some of these to my flock ASAP. My Pekin and Jumbo Pekins have blue eyes and I love it! I know it's normal with Pekins but I still find it heart warming to look into those blue eyes. I have enjoyed reading through this post

Back
Top Bottom