curious spying people...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AnaD, Jun 25, 2011.

1. AnaD

AnaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    N. Ca
    Woke up to the egg song at 7am and decided to go outside. After peaking in and seeing EMILY (RIR) the last of my 6 hens to start laying and Truth (my BRxEE) sitting in the nest boxes I went and sat on the bench by the run to help me wake up. I hear some ladies walking on the bike path in the park, which runs behind our backyard, and hear one lady say "What was THAT!?" at Cady (another EE) singing in anticipation of eggs. I went back to watching the ducks and cat stalking each other and soon noticed the sound of leaves crunching. It crept closer and closer. Then I hear an excited gasp and whisper "CHICKENS!" I turned around on the bench and spotted the ladies spying through the cracks in the fence and said "Good morning." all happy like just to startle them of my presence. They jumped a little and said "Sorry!" and quickly walked away. I think I heard them laughing from a ways away. ( [​IMG] people are funny)

2. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Oh no! It sounds like a deadly, man-eating monster! We must see what it is! [​IMG]

3. Memphisjourney2seramas

Memphisjourney2seramas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    They didn't think that they would get caught spying!

4. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    why run away![​IMG]? i would show them the birds spread the chicken fever. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
    People are so funny. They learned their lesson about spying, though. [​IMG]

6. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    When we first got our chickens, my neighbor became very curious about them. She came over and asked a bunch of questions when she finally figured out they were ours. We would let them free range and they would always make a bee line straight for her yard. So I would go over just about everyday to retrieve my chooks apologizing up one side and down the other. Then one day I came home early from work to find her coaxing my chickens into her yard with a fresh container of spinach. This lady has 3 teenagers that eat her out of house and home. As it turns out, she always wanted chickens and her husband would never let her have them. So every Wednesday when she goes to the grocery store she buys them some spinach or a head of brocoli. We struck up a deal that she would only give them treats from my approved list, and she would bring her treats to the coop instead of tempting my chickens into her yard. Now every Easter and Christmas I find a bag of feed on my porch from the neighbor to my chickens. She attatches a card thanking me for letting her love my chickens. Chickens- uniting the world. Who would've thought. If only all of my neighbors loved them as much as she did, I would never have to buy feed!

7. AnaD

AnaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    N. Ca
    I expect their embarrassment at being caught in the act of spying made them run away. We have new neighbors on each side of us (we have a 6' tall surrounding wooden fence). The family to our left must have seen our BYC bumper sticker and asked about our chickens so I gave them some eggs. The lady on the otherside isn't too scocial, but I hope to catch her at home to give her some eggs too. I'm glad I live in a town that is receptive to chickens (I even hear a few roos and ducks despite them being illegal [​IMG] I got me some ducks!).

8. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    Quote:That is very sweet... my neighbors 6 yo always wants to name ours [​IMG] and comes and knocks on the door to visit our bearded dragon

9. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    That is a very funny story. Funny how people are about chickens.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by