Curious- what are the benefits of following people?

Pics
I think I have tagged one or two people that have expressed interest in a topic I am interested in. I never considered that it would make them happy when I followed them, or sad when I took them off my list. I don't do Facebook, but I thought following someone on BYC was not the same as adding someone as a Facebook Friend, or UnFriend them later.

:old BTW, Dear Wife suggested I open a Facebook account. When I asked why, she said she wanted to UnFriend me! :smack Not even joking there. But after 33+ years of marriage, I can take a jab or two from her without much damage to the psyche.

I have only once came across a post/person who I believed posted a deliberately hurtful comment. And, of course, they even used "troll" as part of their online name. I reported the post/person to the moderator, but evidently they did not technically break any BYC forum rules, so nothing was done. I think they had one or two posts and then they were gone forever.

Just don't respond to their post(s) and they will lose interest. A troll feeds on the reactions of others. I have been on other forums where trolls rule, and it's just not what I care about. Unfortunately, some people will post a troll message online that they would never dare to say/do in person. I continue to be part of the BYC Forum because people here are indeed helpful and it is very rare to see any insults. Let's keep it that way.
Thankfully trolls are not around long. The mods do a great job at keeping them at bay.

:lau :lau:lau
You only follow 3 people and one is @KingB
Futurama Squinting GIF

Back
Top Bottom