Curled in toes

jillyjilly

Hatching
Oct 20, 2023
I noticed my hen limping two nights ago and now her toes are curled in and can’t walk. One leg seems to be worse than the other. She’s eating, drinking, and has laid two eggs. I have her separated from the rest of the flock in a medium sized dog crate to keep her calm. Any ideas what could be causing her legs to be like this?

Attachments

• IMG_6817.jpeg
    IMG_6817.jpeg
    875.3 KB · Views: 63
Instead of NutriDrench which does not have riboflavin, I would use 1/2 tablet of human B complex daily. It could be a riboflavin deficiency, but sometimes Mareks disease could be the problem.

I noticed my hen limping two nights ago and now her toes are curled in and can’t walk. One leg seems to be worse than the other. She’s eating, drinking, and has laid two eggs. I have her separated from the rest of the flock in a medium sized dog crate to keep her calm. Any ideas what could be causing her legs to be like this?
What do you feed, including treats?

I agree, I'd begin giving her B-Complex asap to see if it helps.

What do you feed, including treats?

I agree, I'd begin giving her B-Complex asap to see if it helps.
I feed the NatureWise layer feed and they get the grubbly dried grubs and NatureWise protein scratch grains as a snack. Found some liquid B complex and started her on that today

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Unfortunately the poor lady got worse and worse where she couldn’t move her legs at all. It was like she became paralyzed. She eventually passed. I hope my other birds stay healthy. I am new to the chicken world so learning every day.

Back
Top Bottom