Curled Toes on a chick!

Hen Hilton of Georgia

In the Brooder
May 28, 2023
I saw a youtube video, and went with this...am i doing it right? 3 day old bantam mix Jack Sparrow's left claws are all curl up, so I took a bandaide, and flattened them up and bandanged again, right away...how long do I keep his "cast" on? That and since he was very weak, been giving him chick feed with grit, whole yolk no whites, and tractor supply store packets of elecrtolyte & probiatics ( mixed both in a gallon)...I have outside 5 adult barnyard mix & 9 two week old Ayam Cemnani with 5 silkies babies (same age) indoors, so this little guy was going to be culled from another farm...hope i am doing everything alright!

Attachments

• IMG_20231219_130913671.jpg
    IMG_20231219_130913671.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20231219_140941911_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231219_140941911_HDR.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 4
I'd suggest you leave it on for a day, then take it off to check and rebandage if still curled. My suggestion is based only on things I have read, since the only chick I've tried this with had other problems and passed away less than two days after hatch.

I'd suggest you leave it on for a day, then take it off to check and rebandage if still curled. My suggestion is based only on things I have read, since the only chick I've tried this with had other problems and passed away less than two days after hatch.
I was thinking on keeping his feet flattened for a week in the bandage...all his little toes were curled, bad...he has a good appetite, but still small and weak...i want to give him a chance to catch up <3

Back
Top Bottom