Curled toes, splayed leg, and wry neck. Day old chick. Please help. 😭

i finally think i found out what is going on;
its curled-toe paralysis, but all you have to do is help him get around a bit. you can repair the toes using tape and pipe cleaners. i recommend when he gets a little bigger, make him a small pool of warm-ish water that he can wade in. this will give him relief from putting pressure on his feet, and will encourage him to get exercise.

Im cheering for you guys!! you can make it!! :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy

Just wanted to pop back on and say that the little chick made it! Fully recovered from everything and is perfectly healthy now! 😁 I had dripped its beak in Selenium & Vitamin E Gel (For sheep and goats) about 2-4 times a day for 5 days. S/he is doing really well!

Thank you so much everybody for all your help! Although I had him in a brace for his toes and legs for maybe 15 minutes, it stressed him out so bad so I took them off. The only thing I gave him was the Selenium & Vitamin E gel and he fully recovered! Next time I may added some NutriDrench but really overall his recovery wasn't very stressful on him. :)

i finally think i found out what is going on;
its curled-toe paralysis, but all you have to do is help him get around a bit. you can repair the toes using tape and pipe cleaners. i recommend when he gets a little bigger, make him a small pool of warm-ish water that he can wade in. this will give him relief from putting pressure on his feet, and will encourage him to get exercise.

Im cheering for you guys!! you can make it!! :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
Here because mine just hatched a few days ago after being pipped for more than 24 hours. It was a later hatch and 2 day old chicks were picking at it while still in its shell, not sure if that had anything to do with it. Trying to do everything I can to make sure this one makes it! Glad to hear yours is doing well!

Here because mine just hatched a few days ago after being pipped for more than 24 hours. It was a later hatch and 2 day old chicks were picking at it while still in its shell, not sure if that had anything to do with it. Trying to do everything I can to make sure this one makes it! Glad to hear yours is doing well!
It has all the deformities you listed 😭 wry neck, splay leg and curled toes

Back
Top Bottom