curled toes

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sniperclp, Sep 4, 2011.

1. sniperclp

sniperclp Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2011
    nottingham
    i have two chicks that are about 7 hours old and they both have curled toes is that something they grow out of or is there a way i have to treat it.

thanks snipercp

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Some times chicks born with curled toes can mean incubator temperature are too high. Double check your temperature, sometimes depending on the incubator there can be spots that have a little higher temperature then other spots. (my incubator was that way it had a bad heat element in it!, threw it out the door!!) Toes can be straighten out with a little cardboard (thin) and tape for a couple days depending how bad they are curled. Good luck!
    [​IMG]

3. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Mine started out with curled toes and over the hours got straight. I'm not sure about your chicks though. Good luck! :)

4. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
  5. Dudu

Dudu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    ─Žal Luqa, Malta
    Quote:We also recently had one baby with a curled toe but it straightened (thank goodness) over a period of one week or so.

6. sniperclp

sniperclp Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2011
    nottingham
    one of them have fixed itself but the others has got a little better its gone from curled like its gripping on a branch. but now its the end of her toes are curled so if she isnt better by tommorow i will have to give her a boot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by