Current Internet Theory

Pics
Right, so if taking an uninfected egg with antibodies that the chicken already has in the egg to protect the egg, would that not help boost the immune system? Therefore possibly preventing covid or other colds/ flus? If the egg is protected from various bacteria/viruses because of its antibodies, logically speaking it would help the person eating those antibodies.
I am not sure I understand your first sentence. The egg would have to come from a hen that has been treated with an antigen (the spike protein).
But more broadly no, the antibodies are very specific not generally protective.
So if you get infected with Covid then it is anti-Covid antibodies you need.
And there is one other wrinkle which is the antibodies would get destroyed in the stomach if eaten so they need to be injected into the blood stream (please do not try that at home - even the smallest contamination can be fatal).

Well, maybe it is the protein factor. You have spiked protein and high egg protein. If we are pumping ourselves up with good egg protein, maybe that is what neutralizes the spiked protein?

Well, maybe it is the protein factor. You have spiked protein and high egg protein. If we are pumping ourselves up with good egg protein, maybe that is what neutralizes the spiked protein?
I am all for good egg protein and eat a lot of eggs myself. And good diet certainly helps your immune system.
But I am afraid no.
The reason these specific egg yolks neutralize the Covid virus is because the hen's immune system has responded to being 'infected with Covid' by creating antibodies against Covid. Those antibodies will fight Covid in people. In reality the hen was not really 'infected with Covid', just injected with bits of the Covid virus.

In the same way the blood from someone who has recovered from Covid will contain antibodies to Covid that can help fight Covid in other people.

Last edited:
All I know is that my egg production has definitely been way, way off and I've posted as such for months now. I've made multiple big changes with my flock trying to fix things - I've switched my entire feeding system over to 'free feed' rather than set meals, I've doubled my number of nest boxes, I've changed fencing around to possibly make them feel safer from other animals, I've reduced the rooster count significantly.

I've managed to increase my egg count a bit. I was getting 3, now about 9, with around 40 laying hens.

I've considered every excuse, from broody season, to the hot (now cold) weather, to moulting...

I absolutely am ready to believe it's the feed. It's something, certainly, and that other people seem to be having similar problems, and knowing the lengths I've gone to to resolve it, it would make sense if the actual culprit is something many of us share in common, the feed.

Also worth noting, it could be regional. Sort of like how girl scout cookies are made differently in different parts of the country, it's possible some regions might be less affected by feed changes.

A recipe change is a recipe change. And a guaranteed analysis is a guaranteed analysis.

Yes, but I mean somebody reporting in a label from Brand X on the east cost might be getting a slightly different mix/label than a purchaser on the West Coast, and nobody would realize it unless you compared labels.

My larger point was that one person might report a problem with Brand Y, and another person might report no problem with Brand Y, but they're actually getting different products.

I'm not saying this 'is' happening, just that I know this does happen with some products.

Hmm. My feed, Payback All-Purpose, hasn't changed at all since 2018, from what I can see.
View attachment 3389381

Anymore feedback on Payback? We have switched feeds a few times in recent months due to drive distance (a local mill we want to support is just a bit too far to drive regularly) and trying to find a reasonably priced alternative and had decided on Payback. But our switch is recent enough that I'm not sure if it's affected egg count (which is currently low)

I all all for good egg protein and eat a lot of eggs myself. And good diet certainly helps your immune system.
But I am afraid no.
The reason these specific egg yolks neutralize the Covid virus is because the hen's immune system has responded to being 'infected with Covid' by creating antibodies against Covid. Those antibodies will fight Covid in people. In reality the hen was not really 'infected with Covid', just injected with bits of the Covid virus.

In the same way the blood from someone who has recovered from Covid will contain antibodies to Covid that can help fight Covid in other people.
Well, in my thinking there must be some reason...why the war on meat and chicken eggs. And protein is the common denominator. From the commercial chicken farms going up in flames mysteriously, to the avain flu to them wanting us to eat genetically modified meat and bugs. Cows apparently fart too much..To the price of eggs and meat being ridiculous. Too many coincidences for my liking...

Well, in my thinking there must be some reason...why the war on meat and chicken eggs. And protein is the common denominator. From the commercial chicken farms going up in flames mysteriously, to the avain flu to them wanting us to eat genetically modified meat and bugs. Cows apparently fart too much..To the price of eggs and meat being ridiculous. Too many coincidences for my liking...
I am not telling you how to think. I am just explaining the science in that article because I am fortunate enough to have the training that makes me able to do so.
All I can say is that the article you posted is not evidence of anything other than a bunch of scientists figuring how to develop antibodies to treat people by producing them in eggs.
So you will have to look elsewhere for evidence of the things you believe about all the things you are concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom